-

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Slideshow Software

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   MikeGee

MikeGee

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted July 31 2006 - 01:37 PM

Hey guys

Recently me and my friends just took a vacation and we have quite a few hundred photos amongst the 7 of us. Since this was a pretty significant trip i'd like to put all the photos together on my spare time and put'em on a DVD to play in my dvd player as like a slideshow, i was looking for somthing a little more fancy than just 1 photo after another. I was wondering if anyone knew any good programs out there that could help me out. Preferably any good freeware cause my budget is a little down right after this trip.

Thanks alot
~mikeG

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Ari

Ari

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted July 31 2006 - 01:46 PM

If you want freeware then get iPhoto...comes free with all new Macs =). For the PC, the best I've tried is ProShow Gold but it's not freeware.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted August 01 2006 - 01:41 AM

I've seen a demonstration of the package that's included standard with Macs; very, very nice.

For free and for a Windows PC, Photo Story (now at version 3) is capable of helping you produce snazzy slideshows with accompanying music and so-called 'Ken Burns effects' (automated zooming and panning of subjects in a still), and more. One shortcoming is that you can't easily sync the pictures to the music; that's available in the pro version which isn't free.

If interested, here's a link.
ac