What's new

NiGhT oF ThE CoMeT (1 Viewer)

Colton

Supporting Actor
I can't believe Night of the Comet is not available on DVD! How can this be? Heard you can get a Region 2 version that is bundled in some Asian movies, but haven't seen proof of this.

I really want Night of the Comet on DVD/HD!

- Colton

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I vote for that! Although a standard DVD release would be just fine.

Brett, as long as you're okay with very 80s zombie-type flicks you'll be okay. I'm glad I taped it off HBO years ago. Too bad I was stupid and did it in EP. So a DVD is much wanted!! Seems like it should already be out though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Chakotay and Bunny, together at last! Looks like Catherine Mary Stewart's still plugging away, but I haven't seen her since Weekend at Bernie's.

Colton

Supporting Actor
It's suspected as "lost" according to writer/director Thom Eberhardt.

- Colton

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Funny, considering Eberhardt recently announced (like only three or four months back) that a sequel's in development. Time will tell, I suppose.

Ah, lots of Catherine Mary Stewart fun, also starring Robert "Free At Last" Beltran as Big Hector. First caught this one on Showtime (or was it The Movie Channel?) during the summer of 1985, and it's been one of my perennial ne plus ultra '80s zombie films of all time.

Even Harlan Ellison wrote a rave review of this flick for the L.A. Times, as I recall.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Or Miracle Mile -- there's a scene where people are waiting for a helicopter to take them out of L.A. before the bombs start falling, and there are two teen/twenty-something girls who show up with machine guns and debating whether they should bring condoms with them ("We have to repopulate the human race."/"You can repopulate the human race.") I swear they're alternate universe version of the Night of the Comet girls.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Well, now that MGM's catalog is being serviced by Fox instead of double-dip happy Sony, maybe we could finally get this on DVD. But I'm sure it will be a long while until it comes.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Even if that's the case, MGM managed a decent high definition transfer from existing elements that ran on HDNet several months ago...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Good eye, Steve!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Hopefully it's intact, 80s tunes and all.

John*D

Second Unit
WOW! I'll wait until March and check this again upon reviews from others.

Enjoyable movie, and funny seeing a young Chakotay.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Maybe it'll came with a collectible guide to how many bits are stolen from Day of the Triffids.

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor

You mean like 28 Days Later? *rolls eyes*

This is one of my favorite films and I was lucky enough to score my own copy off of cable, which is where I discovered it. This film will be a classic to me forever, if only just for the post-apocalyptic mall raid to the tune of Girls Just Want to Have Fun. This movie isn't just 80's, it's EXTRAORDINARLY 80's! The entire cast is made up of genre greats, including the likes of Mary Woronov and Geoffrey Lewis.

Hopefully this is a sign that MGM is starting to get their horror/sci-fi classic (Midnight Movies?) output going again, because they're still sitting on a crapload of films. Of those remaining on my radar: Larry Cohen's Full Moon High, Stuart Gordon's From Beyond (now uncut thanks to Monsters HD) and Wes Craven's Deadly Blessing. Now if only we can get the other studios to cooperate and give us The Monster Squad and Night of the Creeps too.

I will continue praying to the gods of cinema in the meantime....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks