Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Accessing my HT components in a heavy cabinet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 bluet1

bluet1

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 27 2006 - 05:09 AM

My HT components are in a typical entertainment center cabinet which has two towers and a separate "bridge" that connects the two. This center is on carpet which makes it difficult to move the heavy furniture if I need to get behind my components for wiring, etc. I wondered if anyone knew of a good product or way to either move this type of furniture on carpet easier or to access the components more conveniently. Thanks!!

#2 of 3 Lance.G

Lance.G

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted July 27 2006 - 09:37 AM

http://www.redhotcar....nt-slides.html

These make moving anything on carpet very easy.

#3 of 3 Don.l

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator

• 118 posts

Posted July 28 2006 - 07:23 AM

Yes. You don't necessarily have to get those. You can go to the Home Depot and get things like that. They make moving heavy things easy. Another option would be to considter putting casters on the bottom. It's a little more work in that you would have to take everything off, turn it on it's side and install the casters. Then once you get it upright you would have to hide the casters with molding or something like that. More work, but really easy to move.

Don