Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Universal's Fast and the Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious set for release on 9/26

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Harminder

Harminder

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted July 26 2006 - 12:07 PM

I absolutely hate these movies LOL, but others will want these on HD-DVD. However, I might give this a rental if Dolby TrueHD becomes enabled on the HD-A1/XA1 since it is expected on the HD-DVD's.

Fast and the Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious on HD-DVD, Sept. 26th.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Rachael B

Rachael B

Producer

• 4,637 posts

Posted July 27 2006 - 01:54 PM

Get your hopes up on the PQ because both looked really good on D-Theater tape. Hot dam, the sequel takes the dumbness up to 11! ....but it looked good being bad....
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Paul.S

Paul.S

Producer

• 3,820 posts
  • LocationHollywood, California

Posted July 27 2006 - 07:47 PM

. . . if Dolby TrueHD becomes enabled on the HD-A1/XA1 since it is expected on the HD-DVD's.

It's my understanding that TrueHD (and DTS HD) require HDMI 1.3, which one can not graduate up to via firmware upgrade.

"[D]umbness up to 11"--LOL. You're always good with a quip or coined term, Rachael!