What's new

Which news network do you guys watch? (1 Viewer)

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
With all the current events and the different spin out there, which one is getting it right?
I just watched a video about the way news is presented to us and it got me thinking.
Which one is closest to the truth and which ones are slanted?

Here's the link that got me thinking.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ace+propaganda

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
they are all slanted in one way or another. bbc, cnn, fox, and the rest of them. realize that everyone has an agenda, and just pay attention to what they are trying to tell you. none of them are neutral.

CJ

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I used to watch the Local news on the WB because the news woman was a hottie, but they got canclled. Now I just watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

It's amazing how many people don't comprehend this statement. Just because some attractive individual with smooth inflection and a thousand dollar suit spews an opinion under the guise of presenting objective truth...well... I've got waterfront property in Arizona for ya.

Tom- glad the video got you thinking, but don't let your intrigue end there. With a bit more research, you will uncover additional viewpoints and more compelling arguments. Don't let this particular propoganda (or the propoganda of the western/eastern mainstream media) stifle your seek for understanding.

(was that enough of a zen-type statement ?)

Good luck in your quest.....

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I only watch about 2 hours news per week. Mainly the headlines.

45% CNN - More reporters in more places.
45% Fox - I think they try to balance the liberal & conservative views.
10% BBC - For a different point of view

Dave

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
With the disclaimer that I only watched part of the video without sound, it is essentially in line with my views (and of course squarely at odds with the prevailing opinion here).

Yet, speaking of agendas, the OP's is none other than spamming this board.

--
H

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
I am a one post spammer. I fail at everything in life :).
Might want to loosen the belt a notch.

I watch the Daily Show, but I watch everything on Comedy Central. I just think having a real news outlet is a good option. I was hoping someone would rec'd an online news channel 1/2 an hour hopefully that would work.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
My sincerest apologies. It certainly seemed like a thinly veiled spam, first post linking to a politically charged video.

To answer your question: very little TV news.

My primary source of news is NPR, during my commute. I often sit in the parking lot at work in the morning for several minutes listening to this stuff.

Next, ze good ole internet. Google news is my portal. I regularly check a variety of sites, from CNN to BBC to Jeune Afrique to Al-Jazeera. Also, I regularly watch the french TV newscasts TF1.fr and France2.fr.

I recently discovered this website which offers dispassionate in depth analysis of world events: www.pinr.com. Addictive stuff :).

--
H

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The Weather Channel. All the news(outside of war obviously) is weather-related these days anyway.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Besides the Daily Show and Colbert Report, the only national "news" shows I watch are Countdown (MSNBC) and Meet the Press (NBC).

FOr those that watch Fox, what time of the day is the network "fair and balanced?" Whenever I have flipped past it I've only caught vile fascist views.

RickGr

Second Unit
NBC Network news. MSNBC at times and very rarely I tune FOX in but they lean way too much to one side.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks