Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

RUMOR (Keep that in mind): LOTR in 2007

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted July 25 2006 - 03:49 AM

As some of you may know, the LOTR trilogy is listed among the upcoming titles on the HD-DVD promotional site "The Look and Sound of Perfect". No release date is attached, but it IS there.

Now, someone named FilmMixer posted this tantalizing bit on AVS last week:

Quote:
I just finished mixing a film for NL.... and I met with somebody who is what I will call pretty high up in the NL home video dept... I asked about HD or BR, and according to him, NL is taking a wait and see approach... And in discussing the DVD release of this feature, he even mentioned that this might be one of their first, which would mean next spring....

I expect to speak with them again in the next couple of weeks, and will see if their position has changed or their are any updates....

The actual post is here

Now, the "next spring" part is conjecture on his part, since the NL exec didn't actually said WHEN New Line was planning to jump in, but apparently LOTR is in consideration to be one of their flagship releases.

Like I said, this is just rumor and hearsay at this point, but at least said rumor comes from a seemingly well-connected source.

*crossing fingers (and toes, and eyes...)*
Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P