What's new

Directors Best actor you've ever seen is........ (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Anthony Hopkins. He has plenty of experience and it shows.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Its a tie Gary Oldman cause he can play any damn character and looks like he is at home with all of them! Dracula is by far his best and I absolutely love him in Fifth Element..."My fav-or-ite" :)
The second candidate has to be Geoffrey Rush. Elizabeth and Quills totally made me love this guys acting ability and I will give any movie with him in it a chance.
[Edited last by Romier S on September 01, 2001 at 02:42 AM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Without a doubt Tom Hanks. He actually physically alters his body for roles, and he can play anything!
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Lately I would have to throw Edward Norton into this category.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree with Robert Deniro. He is my favorite. Even if he is in a otherwise bad movie, he can always be relied on to give a great performance.
Also, he has given some of the best acting performances EVER given, including Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and The Godfather 2. He also gave great performances in Cape Fear and his supporting role in The Untouchables as Al Capone was fantastic. He should have been on screen more in that movie, it would have been much better!
Even his supporting role in Backdraft was very good, and I didn't care for the movie as a whole!
Marlon Brando is also a GREAT actor!
Some of the names mentioned might be good actors, but to say they are the best you've ever seen would be a stretch for people like Edward Norton and Geoffrey Rush. But thats just MY opinion!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I'll agree with Robert DeNiro and Gary Oldman, and I'll add in Samuel L. Jackson.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I've always been partial to Anthony Quinn myself. No matter what the scene is, he always seems to make it dramatic just by his presence. Like, just by being there, it is more important.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
Edward Norton.....
I just go to the cinema to watch him....no matter what movie it is...

Craig

Second Unit
Robert Duval - M*A*S*H, Godfather(s), Apocalypse Now, Tender Mercies, Lonesome Dove. Don't think he's ever given a bad performance.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I've always been partial to Anthony Quinn myself. No matter what the scene is, he always seems to make it dramatic just by his presence. Like, just by being there, it is more important.
Bruce
I agree. There are few actors have the presence that Quinn has. He is an overlooked, underrated actor in my opinion.

Kenny Foor

Stunt Coordinator
Chevy Chase, Dan Ayckroid, John Candy, Bill Murray, Richard Dreyfus, and Walter Matthau, just to name a few

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks