What's new

Paramount HD DVD sales surge! (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
That's amazing!!!

Wait till the holidays and HD DVD will really start to ring up some numbers!

I know why its happening, just surprised it IS happening!!! :)

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Well Paramount got my money, that's for sure! I'm glad to see such good numbers. It only gets better from here. Long live HD DVD!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Very happy for Paramount!

Unfortunately, there isn't one of their initial titles that
I will be considering a purchase. I'll wait for the second wave.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Ron, the PQ on Sky Captain is very impressive...

- Steve

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
i bought all the Paramount movies in HDDVD....gotta love that 10% discount at Amazon.........

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
SKY CAPTAIN and SLEEPY HOLLOW were must buys for me,and I'm leaning towards SAHARA as well. The picture quality is supposed to be stunning.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
Wow... go HD-DVD go!

However like Ronald, I too wasn't very impressed with the first wave of Paramount HD-DVD's. The only title that I do want from this wave and pre-ordered it from Amazon (-10% :D) was We Were Soldiers.

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
how can ya go wrong at 17.95 a HDDVD movie with free shipping and no tax...even if the movie sucks ya gotta buy it...HAHaaaaaaa!!!!!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I will be buying more HD-DVD titles once I actually have the player, just need to save up some cash.

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! I didn't realize the #10 ranked HDDVD was over 1000 places higher than the #1 ranked BD. (Aeon Flux #2269, Terminator 2 #3551)

I sure hope some of the non-HDDVD studios take a long hard look at these numbers.

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe

There is a rumor floating around that Lion's Gate already has several HD DVD movies ready to go. Don't have a clue if it's a fact but it sure would be nice if a few more studios would support both formats.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder

Where did this rumour come from if you don't mind me asking? Cause if it's true... :D

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe

It was mentioned in a thread over at the AVS forum but I really don't recall which one. Also way way back I recall the pres of LG saying they would most likely wind up supporting HD DVD and BD. This was in an interview where they asked him if LG was going to release their BD titles now that Sony had delayed them a month (before the player launch). His reply was something along the lines of "it makes no difference to us since we get paid either way". Guess Sony paid them to release in BD. :)

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
I couldn't wait for Amazon. When I checked my pre-order it had not shipped today so I decided to go to Best Buy and pay the big bucks for the three titles I wanted: Sky Captain, Sahara and Sleepy Hollow. I watched Sahara and most of Sky Captain and all I have to say is HOLY S**T!! Sahara looked and sounded awesome but Sky Captain was absolute candy for the senses. I haven't been this excited about new releases in a very long time… Bring It on!

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe

I bought all four Paramount releases also today at BB and paid only $19.95 each (BB wanted $29.99 each). What I did was to print out the titles and prices from the Target website and told them to price match which they did.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hey Guys,

Is Sky Captain worth a purchase?

I know it's gotta be eye candy, but the reviews were so-so.

I don't want to buy this title for mere eye-candy. I want to
be entertained in a good way.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronbo,
Steve Simon and I watched this film at the Mann's Chiinese Theater when we had our last Meet out in LA and neither of us really cared for it. I was actually quite bored with it, but I had a headache during the viewing which probably affected my viewing pleasure. So I'm probably going to give it another chance by buying the HD DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks