Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 09:43 AM

Is Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land contained on any dvd in any region? I thought it was rumored last fall to be out this spring or summer but if it is, I'm not aware of it. There was an exceedingly rare Japanese laser disc that was very expensive whenever a copy become available on Ebay. I know there is this enhanced teachers classroom edition http://dep.disney.go....VL00&preview=y but it's $59.95. I'd rather avoid that price if I could.

So - does anyone have the lowdown on this short?
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,625 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted July 21 2006 - 10:20 AM

It'll probably eventually make it on one of the Donald Duck volumes of the Disney Treasures sets.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,728 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, I've always assumed it would show up on one of the Treasures sets. Hopefully sooner rather than later... it's an awesome film. The clip alone (http://dep.disney.go....VL00&preview=y) makes me want it reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal bad.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   paul_austin

paul_austin

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 10:40 AM

i saw this often in school growing up and cant wait to see it again
"My Hovercraft is Full of Eels"

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,101 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 11:25 AM

They sent me a free VHS tape of this back in 1993 as an apology for not releasing a letterboxed (and uncut) VHS tape of "Aladdin". I gave 'em the finger anyways Posted Image since by then I'd gotten a laserdisc player and had to put up with their ridiculous delaying policy with LD releases.
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 06:24 PM

I'm sure it will end up on the final Chronological Donald volume, much in the way that Disney finished up MMiLC with A Mickey Christmas Carol and Runaway Brain.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted July 22 2006 - 01:44 AM

I'm 44 and I saw this at least twice while in grade school. Of course, then it was a film. I always enjoyed it. I just showed that clip to my 13 year old and 9 year old. My 13 year old said she saw it during school this year. I remember the pool (billiards) demonstration where Donald is taught (using math) where to hit the rails for a bank shot. I remember thinking I could now become a great pool player. Of course, that never happened. LOL

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,492 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 22 2006 - 03:24 AM

I've had the videotape for years, and will just have to be satisfied with that until Disney adds it to one of the Donald DVD sets.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,272 posts

Posted July 22 2006 - 03:41 AM

Personally I'd rather see it in it's complete form (attached to "An Adventure in Color") on a Walt Disney's Wonderfull World of Color set.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam_S

Adam_S

Producer

• 6,161 posts

Posted October 02 2007 - 09:12 PM

This is now Available on DVD in the USA as an exclusive to Disney Movie Club Members (like Duck Tales Treasure of the Lost Lamp). I'm ordering it right now and can't wait to get it. I imagine it'll show up on ebay very soon, I just got the mailing that included it yesterday.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,728 posts

Posted October 03 2007 - 02:02 PM

I joined the club this morning, ordered it (along with a few other titles), put in my credit card info and sealed the deal.... and so far, I've heard nothing. No confirmation email, nothing, zip (a-dee-doo-dah, har har). I tried to log in tonight, but the site doesn't recognize my email address. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users