What's new

McDonald's drops the one thing that made me eat there again! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I know in the grand scheme of things this is very meaningless, but if you choose to read this then just hear me out or ignore it.

For a long time I've found McDonald's food to be very bland and boring, and only eat there when it's the only thing around, or if I'm just bored with the other choices. A few months ago they introduced something that actually made me want to go there, the Spicy Premium Chicken sandwich. It wasn't perfect, I still preferred the ones at Jack in the Box or Wendy's, but since neither of those are close to where I work the one at McDonald's was a worthy substitute. I was in the mood for one today at lunch, and was devastated beyond belief when I pulled into the drive-thru and asked for one only to be told "We don't have that anymore." It figures that they would bring out one thing that I didn't find boring, then discontinue it shortly after, of course keeping all the other bland stuff on the menu. I had to settle for a Big Mac today, and it reminded me right away why I don't go to McD's more often. Their food is just plain BORING! I have a limited choice of places to eat lunch when I'm at work, amazingly McDonald's has TWO locations on the same street very close to each other though. What competition there is will just have to do I guess. I just sent a message at McDonald's website asking them to extend a middle finger to whoever decided to axe the Spicy Chicken sandwich- the world is now a sadder place as a result.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
That's why they dropped it. Sales weren't good enough to keep it on the menu.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
So instead of making it better, they drop it altogether. Yeah, that makes sense. Where's a Ronald McDonald statue that I can go kidnap? ;)

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
haha, we went just two days ago and that's what I really wanted and they did not have it!! Guess it's back to Wendy's for me!

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Yeah, thats like several years ago McDonald's dropped the Homestyle Hamburger, the best burger they ever made, I miss that burger.

Same thing for Taco Bell, out of the blue, they got rid of the Chili Cheese Burrito, what were they thinking???????????????????????????????????

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
haha i bet no one misses the Burger King taco's...thats for sure

What McDonalds really needs to bring back is the McRib sandwich.

MmMmmmm yummy

CRyan

Screenwriter
It was originally called the Chillito! I guess sales were low and they changed the name to Chili Cheese Burrito. Then they were gone - And I have never been back to Taco Bell.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Still my first choice for fast food. Most likely will always be until they stop putting beef tallow in their delicious, delicious fries. Plus the double cheeseburger and McChicken for a buck = serious yummies.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
It's funny that I ran across this thread. My wife picked up McDonald's for dinner yesterday and told me they didn't have the spicey chicken sandwich. I accused her of missing it on the menu. I guess I need to go apologize now. :)

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey

I stopped at one of the Taco Bells awhile back and they had them on the menu, but I cant remember which Taco Bell or if it was a teaser thing, I found it unusual after being gone for years one would pop up on the menu.

Chili Cheese Burrito/Chilito we called it both ways absolutely the best.

BRING BACK THE CHILITO WORLDWIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Maybe we should start a new thread, who misses the Chilito LOL

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife still wants Burger King's Yumbo.

After I typed that, I think it sounds rather sick given the state of BK's recent advertising and the creepy "king"! :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I think the chili cheese burrito is a store by store thing. Around here some have them and some don't.

I haven't been in awhile but my standard order is a chicken quesedilla and 1-2 chili cheese burritos.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I heard they changed the name because the word "chillito" was slang in Mexico for um... a part of the male anatomy.

Anyone know if that's true or just urban myth?

Real Name
William Goodspeed
Sometimes it's hard to beat a good, fresh Double QP with cheese!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks