Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

McDonald's drops the one thing that made me eat there again!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 of 54 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 3,995 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 09:16 AM

Yes, I know in the grand scheme of things this is very meaningless, but if you choose to read this then just hear me out or ignore it.

For a long time I've found McDonald's food to be very bland and boring, and only eat there when it's the only thing around, or if I'm just bored with the other choices. A few months ago they introduced something that actually made me want to go there, the Spicy Premium Chicken sandwich. It wasn't perfect, I still preferred the ones at Jack in the Box or Wendy's, but since neither of those are close to where I work the one at McDonald's was a worthy substitute. I was in the mood for one today at lunch, and was devastated beyond belief when I pulled into the drive-thru and asked for one only to be told "We don't have that anymore." It figures that they would bring out one thing that I didn't find boring, then discontinue it shortly after, of course keeping all the other bland stuff on the menu. I had to settle for a Big Mac today, and it reminded me right away why I don't go to McD's more often. Their food is just plain BORING! I have a limited choice of places to eat lunch when I'm at work, amazingly McDonald's has TWO locations on the same street very close to each other though. What competition there is will just have to do I guess. I just sent a message at McDonald's website asking them to extend a middle finger to whoever decided to axe the Spicy Chicken sandwich- the world is now a sadder place as a result.
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#2 of 54 ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 10:55 AM

Quote:
I still preferred the ones at Jack in the Box or Wendy's
That's why they dropped it. Sales weren't good enough to keep it on the menu.

#3 of 54 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 3,995 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 11:15 AM

So instead of making it better, they drop it altogether. Yeah, that makes sense. Where's a Ronald McDonald statue that I can go kidnap? Posted Image
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#4 of 54 Dennis*G

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 11:54 AM

haha, we went just two days ago and that's what I really wanted and they did not have it!! Guess it's back to Wendy's for me!

#5 of 54 JoeyR

JoeyR

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, thats like several years ago McDonald's dropped the Homestyle Hamburger, the best burger they ever made, I miss that burger.

Same thing for Taco Bell, out of the blue, they got rid of the Chili Cheese Burrito, what were they thinking???????????????????????????????????

#6 of 54 MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 03:26 PM

Why do people always feel like they have to justify eating McDonald's food??

#7 of 54 Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 03:38 PM

I still pine for the loss of the ArchDeluxe.
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#8 of 54 Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 04:13 PM

Quote:
Same thing for Taco Bell, out of the blue, they got rid of the Chili Cheese Burrito, what were they thinking???????????????????????????????????

I miss it too!

~T

#9 of 54 Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 04:26 PM

haha i bet no one misses the Burger King taco's...thats for sure

What McDonalds really needs to bring back is the McRib sandwich.

MmMmmmm yummy
Playstation Network:
CarpeD1em500

#10 of 54 CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 04:30 PM

It was originally called the Chillito! I guess sales were low and they changed the name to Chili Cheese Burrito. Then they were gone - And I have never been back to Taco Bell.

#11 of 54 Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
What McDonalds really needs to bring back is the McRib sandwich.

My area had it late last year.

~T

#12 of 54 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 06:36 PM

Quote:
Why do people always feel like they have to justify eating McDonald's food??

Still my first choice for fast food. Most likely will always be until they stop putting beef tallow in their delicious, delicious fries. Plus the double cheeseburger and McChicken for a buck = serious yummies.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#13 of 54 Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted July 22 2006 - 01:05 AM

No chili cheese burrito :shock!!

We still have them around here $0.99
Gimme da cashhh!!

#14 of 54 Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit

• 422 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted July 22 2006 - 10:22 AM

It's funny that I ran across this thread. My wife picked up McDonald's for dinner yesterday and told me they didn't have the spicey chicken sandwich. I accused her of missing it on the menu. I guess I need to go apologize now. Posted Image
Everybody relax, I'm here. -Jack Burton

#15 of 54 JoeyR

JoeyR

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted July 22 2006 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Johnson
No chili cheese burrito :shock!!

We still have them around here $0.99

I stopped at one of the Taco Bells awhile back and they had them on the menu, but I cant remember which Taco Bell or if it was a teaser thing, I found it unusual after being gone for years one would pop up on the menu.

Chili Cheese Burrito/Chilito we called it both ways absolutely the best.

BRING BACK THE CHILITO WORLDWIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image

Maybe we should start a new thread, who misses the Chilito LOL

#16 of 54 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,673 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 22 2006 - 04:08 PM

My wife still wants Burger King's Yumbo.

After I typed that, I think it sounds rather sick given the state of BK's recent advertising and the creepy "king"! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#17 of 54 Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted July 22 2006 - 06:16 PM

I think the chili cheese burrito is a store by store thing. Around here some have them and some don't.

I haven't been in awhile but my standard order is a chicken quesedilla and 1-2 chili cheese burritos.
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#18 of 54 Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted July 22 2006 - 06:25 PM

Went to Taco Bell today. When the heck did the regular taco become $0.89?

~T

#19 of 54 Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted July 23 2006 - 02:12 AM

Quote:
It was originally called the Chillito!
I heard they changed the name because the word "chillito" was slang in Mexico for um... a part of the male anatomy.

Anyone know if that's true or just urban myth?

#20 of 54 William Goodspeed

William Goodspeed

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted July 23 2006 - 02:16 AM

Sometimes it's hard to beat a good, fresh Double QP with cheese! Posted Image

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow