-

Photo
- - - - -

Lions Gate announces 2nd wave of Blu-Ray Movies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Harminder

Harminder

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 04:35 AM

Courtesy of The Digital Bits:

Quote:
Lionsgate has officially announced their second wave of Blu-ray Disc titles for 8/22 (SRP $29.99 each). The titles will include Stir of Echoes, Stargate, Total Recall and The Devil's Rejects. Stir of Echoes will include audio commentary with director David Koepp, the Sight of Spirits: Channeling the Paranormal featurette and deleted scenes. Stargate (the 128-minute unrated version) will include audio commentary with writer/director Roland Emmerich and writer/producer Dean Devlin. Total Recall will include the Visions of Mars featurette. Finally, The Devil's Rejects (the 109-minute unrated version) will include audio commentary with director Rob Zombie, audio commentary with actors Sid Haig, Bill Moseley and Sheri Moon Zombie, and deleted scenes. All will feature 1080p video with audio in "DTS HD High Resolution ES" and "5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX."

Total Recall in high definition would be sweeeeet. But overall another dismal line up.

"DTS HD High Resolution ES"? Is that DTS-HD or a prettier way of saying DTS-ES? If it's true DTS-HD than I think it's safe to assume that these movies will be on 50GB Dual-Layer Blu-Ray discs to support the extra space needed for DTS-HD?

#2 of 3 RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,488 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 05:09 AM

Quote:
If it's true DTS-HD than I think it's safe to assume that these movies will be on 50GB Dual-Layer Blu-Ray discs to support the extra space needed for DTS-HD?
Not necessarily. That would be true only if DTS-HD takes up more space than uncompressed LPCM. I’m not sure it does.

#3 of 3 Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 07:01 AM

The EC of Stargate has video inserted with film. There are artifacts on the DVD, that you don't see in the theatrical version. The video also lacks the detail of film. Sure, hope they also included the film only sourced cut of this movie. Otherwise I'll just hang on to the SE SD DVD.

This title should be a real joy ride, if done correctly!

Anyone up for buying Total Recall, again??? ;-)
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

Forum Nav Content I Follow