What's new

Smallville season 6 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Better Green Arrow than the other new reoccuring character from canon:I really, really dislike that Jimmy Olsen is going to be older than Clark in the Smallville timeline. Really fucks up that whole dynamic.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, plus Ashmore is far from being the kind of guy I picture when I picture that character. Not sure if we need to spoilerize this guy or not.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Even Green Arrow sort of contradicts Smallville continuity. One of the first shots in the pilot has Lionel Luthor reading the paper in a helicopter on the day of the meteor shower. Lower 3rd super on the screen says October 1989and the paper headline says "Queen Industries CEO Missing, Presumed Dead." This refers to Oliver Queen, who spent several years stranded on an island where he honed his archery skills and he became Green Arrow after he returned to civilization. Of course, you can't tell just by the headline that it's actually talking about Oliver Queen, it could be his dad or something, if they choose to refer to that shot at all.

Oh well, if they do just ignore it, I'll still watch and enjoy as usual.

I am especially excited about Smallville this season, because thanks to the UPN/WB merger into the CW, this will be the first time I will be able to watch Smallville in HD.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I was a Huge Green Arrow Fan, at least in the 90's , he was neither Sexy or Funny. At least not in that incarnation. And where's his damn Goatee?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ya know, I love Smallville to death and I am excited by the upcoming season, but I must also admit that i'm getting anxious, it's taking Clark forever to become Superman. ;)

I know, I know, patience, even though it's been said that we'll never see him in the suit, but with the success of Superman Returns i'm hoping that Alfred Gough and Miles Millar change their minds about that all important moment when the times comes to end the show. :emoji_thumbsup:

"No flights, no tights." my ass. :thumbsdown:

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I don't know how excited I am for the new season based on the season finale. It was such a cop out making Lex Zod. I could go on and on, but what disturbs me the most is that Al and Miles are not penning the season premiere. They seem to be losing interest in their show.

What does interest me is how much they've been using Erica Durance in the promos for the new network, and not Kristin Kreuk. Lana's character is so overplayed and past its due date, I hope they start phasing her out after this whole upcoming:

Dark Lana thing they've go planned

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
also, did you guys hear about how aquaman is going to come back but w/a diff. actor?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

No, they were going to do an Aquaman series, but it didn't get picked up. It was not using the actor who played the part on Smallville.

The new guy in the failed TV show will be on Smallville as Green Arrow.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
ah... i must've misread then. thx for the clearup.

what doya'll think s6 will hold? obviously it's clark's 2nd year in college... when will he turn more towards journalism instead of farmboy? he's still not as interested in it as chloe.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That failed Aquaman pilot is available for purchase at iTunes for $1.99. It'll probably be 4:3 and sized for an iPod, but it's out there legally now.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

It really depends on which way they want to go. It depends on the era, but Clark doesn't necessarily get a degree in journalism. He goes off on a sojourn of sorts to see the world and see how much it needs a 'savior.'

So, his development towards being Superman doesn't need him being a journalism student. I think there's enough seeds already sown in the show to take care of that aspect. What's most important are events in his life which convinces him he needs to put on the tights and cape. It's this aspect I think they've been shying away from lately, kinda treading water with the character since they don't know how many seasons they're going to run and therefore don't know how quickly to develop Clark (or Les for that matter) to that end.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Clark's development into Superman has already had many key staples established that he will use to both decide, and then use when he becomes the Man of Steel...

He's had strong moral values instilled in him from Jonathan and Martha, two human beings who took him in and loved him as if their own.

He has dealt with death enough times to where he knows that he must do all he can to help prevent it whenever possible.

He's been humbled by sickness on many occasions whether by exposure to Kryptonite or having it in his system and knows the experience of physical human pain, this will aid him in his understanding for human suffering as a whole and provide him infinant compassion for us.

He genuinely likes to help people in need and, in season 4, with the murder of Alicia, he learned that in order to truly be free to save people, he must reveal his power to the world, that he cannot remain hidden at all times like he does now.

He'll realize that he cannot do that as Clark Kent, he needs a disguise. ;)

The death of Jonathan will no doubt become a strong source of inner-strength for Clark, as his dad has taught him how to be a man, to work hard, give to others and help people, and the fact that he now knows that his dad was killed because of Lionel will drive him to stop others from feeling that kind of pain and loss.

Jonathan did his job well in raising Clark. :emoji_thumbsup:

Clark also learned that Metropolis might just need a savior after the whole thing with that avenging angel girl this past season, also that in dealing with evil, killing isn't the way to do so.

Of course Clark still has no idea that it will be him himself who will eventually become that savior, but it will dawn on him when the time comes.

The blocks for the arise of Superman are building, the show has done a GREAT job at introducing these key values and lessons carefully and slowly to where they may not all resonate with Clark now...but they will when he takes on his ultimate mantle.

The one thing that Clark still needs to realize is that Jor-El, if not the kindest man in the universe, is NOT his enemy, that everything that he has told Clark was to help inform and help him in some way or another. The death of Jonathan because of Clark's insistance to save Lana was to show him that the universe is sometimes unforgiving, that it does balance out.

It was a hard lesson to say the least, God I miss Jonathan. :frowning:

As for the question of when will he become the mild-mannered reporter that we all know he'll become, I can't say, but I remember a theory that someone once came up with, and it isn't a cheery one, that Chloe might, in fact, be killed at some point and that he will become a reporter to honor her.

I REALLY hope that theory is wrong. :frowning:

EDIT: I also really want the creators to introduce Superbreath! It's stupid to allow Clark to have every major power that he's always had and to leave out that one. :confused: They could do it the way they've always done it, by having him stumble upon it in a, at first, very ordinary way.

Say he somehow get's an allegic reaction to something that causes him to sneeze and that his sneezes create incredibly strong gusts of air. :)

Then of course there's flying, i'm sick of seeing Kal-El fly, I want to see Clark fly! With his fear of heights, that should make for one funny, and thrilling, moment when it finally happens. :)

I'm thinking of the scene in The Rocketeer when Cliff returns from his first harrowing flight with the pack and proclaims..."I LIKE it!" :):)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i think many of your points you brought up could be resolved by s6. in one of the commentaries of the earlier seasons, the producers said that one of the reasons why tom wellling took up this role is because there is no cape&tights. so... if we really do get into cape&tights do you think he'll just stop doing it?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I think that if they asked Welling to do full episodes in the suit, he might have a problem, but if we get to see him in it for only a few seconds in the series finale, I don't see how he could object.

Welling's reluctance to wear the suit has always been a source of mild aggravation for me as a Superman fan, if it were me, it would be an honor to wear it, especially if I played the best Clark Kent ever seen on either film or television. I don't understand why he won't, does he think he'll look foolish or something?

Who Knows.

It's doubly aggravating when you realize that he would look great as Superman, if he hits the gym for a few weeks and they do his hair just right, he'd be the best Supes ever seen appearance-wise i'm sure, even better than Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh perhaps.

Millar and Gough have already broken their vow of "no flights...", they SERIOUSLY need to rethink "no tights" as well, it's the only way that Smallville can end on a satisfying note for me, we've seen Clark grow up and we went on this long journey with him...we earned the right to see him become Superman in the suit!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well, i think fans are split 1/2 1/2 over the years. in the beginning i think fans were more excited... but as the years dragged on, i think they want more =).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks