-

Photo

Criterion in October

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted July 17 2006 - 08:51 AM

Hands Over the City

Posted Image

Clean, Shaven

Posted Image

Sweetie

Posted Image

Sólo con tu pareja

Posted Image

#2 of 5 David Jay

David Jay

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted July 17 2006 - 09:20 AM

Thanks Jeff! I'd been waiting a while for the October announcements. I looked over the titles and thought it was a lackluster month. I didn't realize Clean, Shaven was the debut from the director of Keane, which was an amazing film, and now I can't wait to get ahold of it. And, the same goes for Solo con tu Pareja, which is from Cuaron, and I've enjoyed the couple of his that I've seen. Sweetie and Hands Over the City both look interesting, I'm sure I'll check them out when they're released.

But the highlight is Clean, Shaven. It looks like a great film, and it's got some good extras, especially for the $30 MSRP. Posted Image

#3 of 5 Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted July 17 2006 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jay
I didn't realize Clean, Shaven was the debut from the director of Keane, which was an amazing film, and now I can't wait to get ahold of it.

Yes, it's interesting to note that this month contains the debut theatrical features of three important indie auteurs - Cuaron, Kerrigan, and Campion. I wonder if this was a planned theme by Criterion, or if it just worked out that way.

#4 of 5 george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted July 17 2006 - 03:29 PM

Nothing on that slate of interest to me. Posted Image
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#5 of 5 richardWI

richardWI

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted July 17 2006 - 05:36 PM

not loving the new pac man logo.