-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Examination of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Jeffery Allen

Jeffery Allen

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted July 15 2006 - 09:40 AM

I have been going through my VHS collection for the past couple of weeks and came across a 30 minute program from Creative Arts Television called "An Examination of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange." It is a 30 minute talking head interview program from the time the film was originally released with William Everson interviewing Anthony Burgess and Malcolm McDowell with a short segment focusing on (then) Walter Carlos' score with numerous stills of Carlos in his studio. It may be an episode of a television series called "Camera Three", probably British, but there is no opening title sequence so I am not sure.
My tape is all but disintegrated and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a possible supplement on the upcoming CLOCKWORK ORANGE SE DVD or if it is available on any other DVD. It is a fascinating and completely engrossing piece and one of the most informative film pieces I've ever seen on Kubrick.

Thanks,

Jeff

#2 of 5 paul_austin

paul_austin

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted July 16 2006 - 12:22 PM

great find!
"My Hovercraft is Full of Eels"

#3 of 5 Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted July 17 2006 - 06:19 AM

Wow, nice bit of VHS digging, there, Jeff! That would be a great supplment.

When are we likely to see the Kubrick SEs - October/November?

#4 of 5 ErichH

ErichH

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted July 17 2006 - 06:47 AM

Interesting - There's an amount of stuff on CO in the Life In Pictures doc (Kubrick Collection) but I can't remember what's on the disk in the set, other than the movie.

E

#5 of 5 Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig

Second Unit

• 436 posts
  • LocationWeehawken, NJ

Posted July 17 2006 - 06:58 AM

Jeffery said:

"It may be an episode of a television series called "Camera Three", probably British, but there is no opening title sequence so I am not sure."

"Camera Three" was a CBS Sunday morning show which first went on the air in the 1950's and went on into the '80's, I think. They also did an episode on "2001: A Space Odyssey" and one on Bernard Herrmann.