What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I ran a search but couldn't find a thread on this.

I saw the commercials for this on NBC. Pretty interesting. They're showing each "power" in a very down to earth manner. Not your comic book superhero type. Looks like it's going to be sort of like Shymalan's Unbreakable, which I loved.

I've even read some critics calling this show "the next Lost". Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm counting the days... :emoji_thumbsup: The website preview is surprisingly deep. So far Hayden Panettierre's character's powers seem the most interesting.

I'm glad NBC is really pushing this show but I'm afraid they may wear out their welcome with the audience by the time September rolls around. They are running ads multiple times per hour. There were 3 alone during this week's episode of Treasure Hunters.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It sort of looks like a simplified version of "The 4400." That said, I've liked Hayden Panettierre in the things I've seen her in and the other characters seem to be interesting.
Hopefully the central myth is epic, something that lives up to a series name like "Heroes."

todd s

Senior HTF Member
NBC has a new show this fall called "Heroes". Its about people who gain superpowers. Here is a summary of it from www.thefutoncritic.com

When I first heard about the abilities. I thought of the 4400. :)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I've watched the pilot episode. Definitely will be on my must-watch list for sure. I need a good character development show that's not always action-y.

Spero D

Second Unit
Just the opening episode and thought it was quite a good. Could see the ending coming but still a good ep. Will keep watching the next few eps to see how it progresses. BTW you can download this from ITunes today-

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This is one of the few new show I am looing forward to. Unfortunately, the Main networks do not have a good track record of keeping sci-fi/fantasy shows going more than a few weeks, or at most a year.

I am crossing my fingers that this new show succeeds.

I remember I was happy that at the beginning of last season there were a lot of sci-fi type shows coming on. Too bad, none of the survived.

Surface
Invasion
Threshold
Night Stalker

Hopefully this one survives.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Premise kind of reminds me of the origins of Marvel Comics' New Universe. Hope this series (if good) will last longer than that failed Marvel project.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
- You cannot break the space time continuum

- Fine. Don't believe me.

- There are 12.5 million people in this city. Not one of them can break the space time continum. Why do you want to be different?

WTF?

While the rest of dialogue isn't quite this bad, it's never really far from this.

Direction and pacing were problematic as well. For example , the painter/junkie should have been introduced much earlier. But the biggest offender is the lacking sense of scope, which is vital to this sort of story. I mean, there is a solar eclypse for crissakes, a device which should underscore the global scope of the story, yet, carries no weight whatsoever.

Shows like this make me realize that something like Smallville, for all it's script-level failings, is a damn fine show from a technical point of view.

A dissapointment. But eh.. some of the character connections and the cliffhanger were mildly intriguing. I will give it a few more eps, hoping to soon see some MAJOR improvements.

--
H

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else think it will suck if it turns out (PILOT SPOILER) that Peter's brother can fly and Peter can't? I mean, Peter's been his brother's lapdog his whole life while his brother has been living the high life. If either of them deserve to be able to fly, it's definitely Peter. He wanted it.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor

Ah yes, The White Event! I actually liked D.P.7. and Psi Force. I thought that too Heroes is the New Universe! Oh No! Kicker's Inc can't be far behind!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was weird that the clock the Japanese guy was staring at in his cubicle had Chinese numbers on it.

BTW, the reason the pacing feels off is because it's really a 2-hour premiere, but you've only seen the 1st hour of it, thus the introduction of some of the characters late in the first hour feels off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks