What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Since I haven't seen any thread this week, thought I'd start one on Stargate Atlantis Season 3. Remember, it begins tonight!!!!

Been looking forward to it. I think it will be good.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
We had a thread going for the previous seasons of Atlantis but I don't mind a new one for S3.

Great shows. I miss my weekly Stargate dose. Bring it on.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Anyone notice how Robert Picardo's character appeared on both Stargates this week, voicing the same concerns? Yay for continuity between shows! :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
There is going to be a lot of crossover between the two shows this year as plots shall cross

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I wonder if Michael will take the medicine and remain human now, maybe a quasi-regular.
Great homage to Empire Strikes Back.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Anyone else find the ending somewhat amusing?

Sheppard: "I think we're out of the woods."
"To Be Continued..."

Yeah, great cliffhanger. :D

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Good shows. I also liked the continuity between both shows. The Atlantis crew acknowledging the Ori problem and the SG-1 crew acknowledging the Wraith problem.

I can finally get my weekly Stargate fix. :D

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Just wanted to comment on the Second Episode on Friday night. I found it most interesting that the Humans would decide to screw over "Michael-Trip" even after all the help he was to them; thus making him extra pissed at the humans after this.

I genuinely hope the character survived ...

Definitely like the fact that the Atlantis folk don't always do the nice nice things. But they sure do like to lose big ships so quickly. First an ancient ship and then a hive one.

Regards

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
you guys caught the "yeah i saw that in a movie once" reference to star wars the han solo mil falc. trick? that had my on the floor =).

is the michael character good or evil? lots of grey lines. i like the moral/ethical issues that are brought up... especially the decision to shoot the planet at the end, very trekian.

but if it's an effective weapon, then the atlantis team has a shot at winning the war. but i still roll my eyes... at the fact they're still trying to convert everyone to humans... imperialism anyone?

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
The only other choice is to simply kill them all. It does seem they have an effective weapon combo - convert them with the virus and then in their passive confusion simply shoot them all. Sort of like shooting them in their sleep. An interesting ethical dilema but it seems there can be no compromise. There can be only one!

Same sort of issue they had with the Jenii(sp?). What do you do with a group of people that want to kill and/or screw you over every chance they get and are completely untrustworthy? Wipe them all out even if they are humans to prevent future issues?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well, the key is they're tackling these issues. i think atlantis has done more of these episodes than SG-1 has by far. SG-1 is more of a adventure romp, but atlantis seems to take it just a notch higher. just a bit. it's still adventure romp and it is not BSG... but it's attractively packaged.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

After two strong opening episodes, a breather episode ... a let down of sorts. Just for laughs ... but also very star trek plot like in ways ... and not a good trek plot wise either.

Regards

Arild

Supporting Actor
Yeah, this ep wasn't the greatest... But I like that they're trying something different every now and then, even if I don't always end up liking the end result (I usually do, though).

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Wasnt the best episode, but it did have some laughs. Seeing Carson break down in tears was GOLD. Also glad to see the Sam carter reference

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
That was the first episode of any Stargate series where I seriously wanted my 45 minutes back after watching. Instead of funny or amusing as I must assume TPTB intended, I found it disturbing and creepy. Very disappointing.

That was pretty funny. :emoji_thumbsup:

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was very entertaining (reminded me of "Urgo" from SG-1 Season 3). Richard Kind was great in this, and everyone was having some fun.

"Sometimes all at once. . ." :D

Arild

Supporting Actor
This is, of course, the second character Richard Kind has played in the Stargate universe. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks