What's new

Stargate Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Since I haven't seen any thread this week, thought I'd start one on Stargate Season 10. Remember, it begins tonight!!!!

Been looking forward to it. I think it will be good.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
greetings

Lots of fun ... and they made sure to show us that they were not going to be able to fight their way out of it with ships.

Regards

Arild

Supporting Actor
Great episode. After the shocker of an ending last season and now this, it's hard to see how the good guys are going to win this war in the long run. Two episodes in a row where we (as in we Earthlings) get our asses kicked big time makes for good suspense. :) Can't wait to see where this show is headed this time!

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

The show has always been great at doing references / homages to other films and shows. Where is the shield oscillation weakness from? That concept seemed familiar to me ...

Or is it from the Borg Vessel?

Regards

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Very strong opening episodes for both Stargate series. Having the human race on the ropes and searching for a new strategy is great, plus Vala having mother/daughter issues. Ripe for plenty of story development!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Good start to the season. I was half expecting someone to say Daniel died when that ship exploded and then someone else saying, "he's been dead before".

Blu

Screenwriter
It seems that the Scifi channel has upped the budget for SG1.

Since this show has reached its 10th season has there been a scifi based show that has had a longer run?

X-Files came close.
The Treks sans TOS hit 7 apiece.
I'm sure Dr. Who would qualify.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Twice. Thank goodness they did not go back to the Ancients for a third resurrection. I guess they should not have destroyed all the replicators.

They keep playing up that both the Ori and Ancients claim the other is lying. I wonder if this will end up getting muddy like the Shadows and Vorlons or stick to pure good and pure evil.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
The argument that the Ori are using is so full of holes I don't hink there's much room for muddying the distinction. Plus, I don't think the SG writers are capable of JMS's level of writing.

RG

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
They theoretically could have unleashed the replicators on the Ori ships and their galaxy. That would have stopped them or at least hurt them badly. Of course that would make the situation much worse once the replicators won. I should have made that sentence separate with a preface to indicate my thoughts better. Of couse the Ori vs the Wraith might be interesting also but I don't think we will see that level of cross-over.

RickGr

Second Unit

Yes, JMS would have the SG1 team telling the ORI, "Get the hell out of our galaxy" and they would and the threat would end.

Arild

Supporting Actor
The Ori would easily defeat the replicators. Remember, it was Ancient technology that was used to wipe them out in the first place, and the Ori are basically evil Ancients and every bit as advanced as them (which is why they're kicking our asses these days).

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
That is not my read of what happened. It was the knowledge of the Ancients that was in Col. O'Neill's head that created a weapon to defeat them, not an existing weapon. He had the complete knowledge of the Ancients, which we know the human mind cannot hold for long, so it would be reasonable to think that the new girl would not have that level of knowledge to create the same or other effective weapon quickly. The Ori themselves cannot get directly involved without creating open warfare between themselves and the Ancients so it would be up to the one girl.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Not in the Milky Way, no, but remember that they now have a permanent link (the, uh, "supergate") between the MW and their home galaxy. They can at any time send through it advanced tech that they've designed and built on their side, like they're already doing with their badass motherships.

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I found the comments about the turtle in the desert to be very funny in this second episode. Another nob to a SF classic.

Regards

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
heh. i really like the team interactions. vala joining the team was also pretty cool. i wonder if they will be doing a lot of farscape references! that would be awesome! or... like angel, they can do a puppet episode. i don't think they've done it yet.

my fav. part is at the end of ep2, vala accuses woozley of sexual advances. that was a riot.

here's to a great s10!!! long live SF!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks