Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Premier Acoustic Speakers Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
216 replies to this topic

#1 of 217 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted July 13 2006 - 04:42 AM

This thread has been started to discuss the new speaker line from Premier Acoustic. I have a review written here on the forum that covers my thoughts on the speaker line.

If you have any questions or comments please post them here.

Thanks,
Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#2 of 217 OFFLINE   LlyodMW

LlyodMW

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted July 13 2006 - 08:29 AM

I use these speakers in my main room. I have the PA-6F system - which is the tower version of this system. I 100% agree with the review. These are unbelievable speakers at an unbelievable price. I tried out Polk Audio, Klipsch and Infinity. I feel the Premier speakers sound as good, if not better than the equivalent models in each one of these brands. The reason i went with premier was they were half the price. 999.00 delivered at www.homespeakers.com
I listen to all kinds of music and the towers sound great. Plenty of low end and clean crisp high end./ Add the sub on 5.1 stereo mode out of my Denon AVR-3806 and the room shakes. The range on the complete home theater system is crazy. I just put in king Kong which has a great DD track and man I hear everything. Clean and Crisp at all volume levels. I would recommend these speakers to anyone who was l looking to spend 2000.00 or less - you will enjoy them as I do.

#3 of 217 OFFLINE   John L.

John L.

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted July 23 2006 - 02:03 PM

Sultry, sparkling, sensational tweeter. In a word -- WOW! Fit and finish rivals speakers costing at least twice the price. They're made in China and -- that's
good, too. For about $300 (or less depending on where you buy them) the overall resolution and clarity from top to bottom is -- great! Be sure to use quality components to maximize the full potential of these 40" tower speakers.
I'm bi-wired with Monster speaker cables. Outlaw Audio sells a first rate analog .5 meter interconnect cable for less than $50. It's really brings out the
best from my Onkyo DX-390 CD changer. You can buy a nice two channel
factory reconditioned Harmon Kardon receiver for under $200 at Harmon Kardon's internet website on e-bay. Top it off with a DuaL 12" active subwoofer (also purchased on e-bay) for less than $125 delivered and --
you're really cooking!

The Premier Acoustic Speakers in Cherry are especially attractive. A real wood
finish (not cheap vinyl) adds to the substantial craftsmanship appearance. It's a two-way, front ported speaker. Consequently, the mid-range could be more defined, however, this does not detract from easy on the ears, non-fatiguing, listening enjoyment.

Don't hesitate to buy these speakers even though their brand name is new.
They will arrive securely packaged in dense cardboard boxes.

I'm very pleased!

#4 of 217 OFFLINE   John L.

John L.

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted July 23 2006 - 02:17 PM

The Premier Acoustic tower speakers in cherry are an especially good value,too! After a forty hour break-in period I'm enjoying excellent resolution
and overall clarity from these inexpensive gems! This brand "X" speaker rivals brand names like Klipsch and Acoustic Research which sell for a lot more.
Designed in the USA and made in China is a familiar outsourcing theme prevalent throughout American industry. Add quality components to maximize
the Premier Acoustic design and -- WOW!! Sound quality sweeter than apple
pie and -- without the calories (LOL).

The Tower speakers in cherry are especially nice. It's not a cheap vinyl or
veneer. Overall craftsmanship is excellent.

A very pleasant surprise at a working man's price !!

#5 of 217 OFFLINE   John L.

John L.

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted July 23 2006 - 02:21 PM

Lloyd:

I agree completely !!! Nice speakers at an affordable price. Use good quality
analog interconnects (Outlaw Audio: internet retailer), bi-wire, and a DuaL
low cost 12" subwoofer(found on e-bay) , and you will be in acoustic nirvana.

#6 of 217 OFFLINE   DorianBryant

DorianBryant

Screenwriter

• 1,552 posts

Posted July 23 2006 - 09:52 PM

So are you a salesman or do you work for the company???

#7 of 217 OFFLINE   Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,275 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianBryant

I don't know if there will be a response to this but you can be sure this is a testimonial intended to gather suckers, at least he wasn't so obvious to point out ordering specifics. Maybe the speakers will turn out to be great, and maybe someone will actually bite and order them.

Chris

#8 of 217 OFFLINE   DaveHo

DaveHo

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 01:41 AM

They look like white van speakers to me. And this praise from individuals who obviously work for the company just reinforces that opinion.

-Dave

#9 of 217 OFFLINE   John L.

John L.

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianBryant
I'm not a Salesman for Premier Acoustic Speakers. I'm simply a man who enjoys good quality audio. I've been an enthusiast for over thirty years.
I've had Klipsch, KLH, Wharfedale, and JBL speakers. The Premier Acoustic
Tower Speakers (cherry) are an excellent value for $300 (pr.) or less depending on which website you buy them from.

Cynical, skeptical, people are prevalent everywhere. That's the way it is.
Nevertheless, I'm ethical, enthusiastic, and entirely pleased with the Premier Acoustic Tower Speakers. Be sure not to skimp on your associated components. Use good quality analog interconnects like Outlaw Audio's .5 meter copper cables found at their website. Bi-wire your Premier Acoustic Speakers with quality speaker cables. Try the DuaL 12" active subwoofer found on e-bay for $125 (delivered price). Use a good integrated amplifier or go to Harmon Kardon's e-bay store and buy a remanufactured two channel
receiver for less than $200 (delivered price). Put it all together and -- enjoy the music!

You won't be sorry!

Sincerely,
John L.

#10 of 217 OFFLINE   John L.

John L.

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_G
I don't know if there will be a response to this but you can be sure this is a testimonial intended to gather suckers, at least he wasn't so obvious to point out ordering specifics. Maybe the speakers will turn out to be great, and maybe someone will actually bite and order them.

Chris
Chris:

I've enjoyed listening to quality audio components for over thirty years.
The Premier Acoustic Tower Speakers (cherry) are an outstanding value!
For about $300 per pair you get a quality crafted excellent piece of equipment. Allow 30-40 hours of break-in time and use good quality associated components to round out your system. The speakers provide
excellent resolution from top to bottom without listening fatigue. The tweeter
is especially good without being too bright or harsh. I listen mostly to Jazz.
Larry Carlton, Maynard Ferguson, and David Benoit all sound great! The Rippingtons are another favorite and the Premier Acoustic Speakers make them shine, too!

I understand you being skeptical. Most people are. That's the way it is. Nevertheless, I recommend these speakers (cherry finish) without reservation.
For the delivered price the are an uncommon value.

Sincerely,

John L.

#11 of 217 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 06:03 AM

Two guys join the same month and both post glowing reviews. How unique.

#12 of 217 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,548 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted July 24 2006 - 08:24 AM

Parker actually reviewed them also, in the original post. I would expect they would not be tossed into the white van can based on that.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#13 of 217 OFFLINE   Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,275 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L.
Chris:

I've enjoyed listening to quality audio components for over thirty years.
The Premier Acoustic Tower Speakers (cherry) are an outstanding value!
For about $300 per pair you get a quality crafted excellent piece of equipment. Allow 30-40 hours of break-in time and use good quality associated components to round out your system. The speakers provide
excellent resolution from top to bottom without listening fatigue. The tweeter
is especially good without being too bright or harsh. I listen mostly to Jazz.
Larry Carlton, Maynard Ferguson, and David Benoit all sound great! The Rippingtons are another favorite and the Premier Acoustic Speakers make them shine, too!

I understand you being skeptical. Most people are. That's the way it is. Nevertheless, I recommend these speakers (cherry finish) without reservation.
For the delivered price the are an uncommon value.

Sincerely,

John L.

I accept that for face value now and the speakers sound like a very good value. Enjoy the good find!

Chris

#14 of 217 OFFLINE   PaulT

PaulT

Supporting Actor

• 932 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 09:00 AM

I think there is a slight problem with the spec sheet:

12" Active Subwoofer
Sensitivity: 85DB 1 Watt 1 Meter
Ohms: :8 Ohms
Frequency Responses: 24 HZ-20 KHZ ( +/- 3DB)
Wattage: 200- 500 Watts
Size: 21.7" x 22.7: x 17.7" (H X W X D )
Weight: 56 pounds each
5 year Warranty
Color: Cherry or Black

24Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB FOR A SUB??

Centre Channel & Surrounds
Sensitivity: 88dB±3dB
Sensitivity measured +/- dB??

Translated poorly into English I'm assuming....
"One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work--supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a non-working cat." -- Douglas Adams

#15 of 217 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 09:47 AM

And proofread equally poorly!

#16 of 217 OFFLINE   LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 09:49 AM

Quote:
They're made in China and -- that's
good, too.
No, it's not.

#17 of 217 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, why is it good that they're made in China? lol There are so many great products built in the USA, Canada, and Europe to be had! Posted Image
"Come on you Fockers....CONGA!!!"
-Dustin Hoffman as 'Bernie Focker'

Updated Equipment List

#18 of 217 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,835 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 24 2006 - 10:24 AM

I gotta admit that Post #2 seems pretty creepy from a guy who is tagged as being with the company itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlyodMW
The reason i went with premier was they were half the price.

These are unbelievable speakers at an unbelievable price. I tried out Polk Audio, Klipsch and Infinity. I feel the Premier speakers sound as good, if not better than the equivalent models in each one of these brands.

Posted Image What else would we expect him to say?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#19 of 217 OFFLINE   Justin Lane

Justin Lane

Screenwriter

• 2,149 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlyodMW
I use these speakers in my main room. I have the PA-6F system - which is the tower version of this system. I 100% agree with the review. These are unbelievable speakers at an unbelievable price. I tried out Polk Audio, Klipsch and Infinity. I feel the Premier speakers sound as good, if not better than the equivalent models in each one of these brands. The reason i went with premier was they were half the price. 999.00 delivered at www.homespeakers.com
I listen to all kinds of music and the towers sound great. Plenty of low end and clean crisp high end./ Add the sub on 5.1 stereo mode out of my Denon AVR-3806 and the room shakes. The range on the complete home theater system is crazy. I just put in king Kong which has a great DD track and man I hear everything. Clean and Crisp at all volume levels. I would recommend these speakers to anyone who was l looking to spend 2000.00 or less - you will enjoy them as I do.

This is one of the most blatant posts/pseduo endorsements I have seen in sometime. Shame on Premier Acoustic.

#20 of 217 OFFLINE   John L.

John L.

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted July 24 2006 - 02:56 PM

Premier Acoustic Tower speakers are made in China because the cost of labor
is (obviously cheaper) than the USA, Canada, or Mexico. My Premier Acoustic
Towers replaced Polk model #RTi70 tower speakers purchased about two years ago for $720 from internet e-tailer Crutchfield. They're made in Mexico
and Premier Acoustic is far superior for less than half the delivered price!
The name brand USA, Canadian, and European companies have name recognitionwithin the industry and commensurately higher prices. Don't bother
picking up Stereophile Magazine or similiar monthly publications. They only review "top dollar" equipment like Paradigm, Legacy, and Totem.

The Premier Acoustic Tower speakers (cherry) cost $300 delivered and
represent uncommon value. If they were manufactured in Canada, the USA, or
even Mexico -- the price would surely be double!!!

Back to Speakers, Subwoofers & Headphones

Forum Nav Content I Follow