What's new

Monster Super Disc DVD (1 Viewer)

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Hello forum faithful:
I just read about the above noted DVDs in the August "Home Theater" magazine. They discuss the first five releases.
After a brief search, I have not been able to find any other information about these discs. Have they been released yet? If so, has anyone picked one up yet, and where from? What do you think of it?
I am most excited to find the Vince Guaraldi Trio: Charlie Brown Christmas, and the Peter Cincotti: Live In New York release.
Thanks for the info, take care

Roy

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
They have been several titles released and they are highly regarded based on the reviews I have read, but I don't know if more are coming. The AVSForum has some discussion of these DVD-V releases.

Chris

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
So who cares if it confuses people who haven't taken the time to learn how to appreciate good surround music. Or anything else for that matter. I'm looking forward to adding a few of these to my DTS-CD's, DVD-A's, SACD's and music dvd's. At least they are being produced by some who seems to care about surround music. I'll take good sound wherever I can get it.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I don't know what you mean by pseudo-format although I agree, DVD-V for audio will confuse some people although it has been used since prior to SACD and DVD-A. Releases by Monster have stalled apparently in any event.

Chris

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the opinions.
I have been able to find them for sale on the monster site, as well as on best buy, circuit city, radio shack and other web sites.
I am going to stop at the local BB later this week to see what their stock is like...
RW

anthony west

Auditioning
The discs that are available now have been on the market since last October. In my opinion, if these were a sales success we'd have seen more than the original titles by this point in time.

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
That is a good point... I will be stopping by BB in the next few days and will post my findings.
Is a lack of advertising a problem? That magazine article was the first I had heard of these particular discs... not that I am on the leading techno edge or anything...

RW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks