-

Photo

New Subwoofer Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Jarett

Jarett

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted July 11 2006 - 03:17 PM

hey all,

currently working on my car audio set up. installed two new 6x9's today. I run a sony gt300 head unit.

I bought a 10" sub box, sealed, and it's time to fill it and add an amp. I've found a MTX 6000 series for 75 bucks but i don't know how good these are.

What would be some good options for getting a decent 10" for around $100? I'm confortable ordering online or off of ebay.

As far as amps go, should I get a mono or 2 channel or four channel and how do you hook that all up?

Any advice at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jay

#2 of 2 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,123 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 12 2006 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarett
I bought a 10" sub box, sealed, and it's time to fill it and add an amp. I've found a MTX 6000 series for 75 bucks but i don't know how good these are.
I picked up some MTX Thunder 8000 subs for $30 each a few years ago. That's about what they are worth. You can get much better for the money with other brands. How much air space does your 10" box have? That will help us determine the best sub for it.

Quote:
What would be some good options for getting a decent 10" for around $100? I'm confortable ordering online or off of ebay.
There's more flea-market audio crap on ebay than there is quality stuff so be careful. Here are my recommendations:
TC 1000 10" from TC Sounds - This is factory direct from the same company that builds Eclipse and Arial Acoustics subs. They used to build most of the SVS drivers so you know they do quality work. The 10" almost doubles your budget but it's worth the money.
Elemental Designs 11kv.2 - It's a really a 10" despite ED's stupid numbering scheme. Quality sub at a great price with their "group buy" discounts. The 11ov.2 is even better but a little more than your budget. (link to group buy pricing)
Assassin 10" from Ascendant Audio - Chad has designed a very good sub at a great price. He's also a member here at HTF and posts now and then.
Dayton RS 10" HO - This is a great sounding sub that is just starting to make its way into the car audio circles. Nothing but praise from its users.

Quote:
As far as amps go, should I get a mono or 2 channel or four channel
The sub/amp/enclosure work together as a system. It's overkill to get a 2,000w amp and have it drive a cheap sub. On the other hand, a Pyramid amp pushing a TC Sounds sub is also a waste. Pick the sub and then we will work on the amp.

Quote:
how do you hook that all up
We could spend days on this part. Your head unit should have a few diagrams on how to connect it to a single amp or multi-amp system. That will get you started.

Back to Mobile Phones / Entertainment

Forum Nav Content I Follow