Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

vasectomy

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 of 48 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 13 2006 - 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBA
I still want to know what the heck THIS meant:
I shoot a cloud of dust out and smoke up the whole room.

I assume it was an attempt at humor: Dust collecting on long-unused items, popping out of air ducts or old vacuum cleaners and the like.

Regards,

Joe

#42 of 48 OFFLINE   MichaelBA

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor

• 747 posts

Posted July 13 2006 - 07:59 AM

This is not an area to joke about, Joe! AH!Posted Image
He's got the bit between his teeth... all right!

#43 of 48 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 06:19 AM

I had mine Sept 13th, 2003. I remember because it was the day after Johnny Cash died and the doctor had the radio on in the operating room and it was a JC marathon.

It was completely painless and I drove home after the operation.

I did take full advantage of my doctor's advice, however, and sat on the couch watching TV for the entire weekend. It was torture. Posted Image

"but honey, the Dr. said I should stay on the couch!"

#44 of 48 OFFLINE   Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted July 20 2006 - 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino
I assume it was an attempt at humor: Dust collecting on long-unused items, popping out of air ducts or old vacuum cleaners and the like.

Regards,

Joe

Ha Ha you guys are killing me. I haven't checked out this thread in a while and just stopped by today to check it out. Sorry if you did not find my dust line funny but the look people give me when I tell that story makes it worth it. I, like every man in the world, freaked the funk out when I was going to have my tubes cut and worried that maybe I would be shooting blanks. Really I worried that nothing might come out and was really grateful to find out I was wrong.
The Legend is better than reality!

#45 of 48 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted July 20 2006 - 08:15 AM

Simple and mostly painless. I didn't shave enough and the doctor (male) finished up the job while the (pretty female) nurse looked on. One thing that sticks in my mind is that the doctor did NOT wear gloves.

One caution. Recently, a proctologist told me that after about 5-10 years, or in men in their 40s, the success rate for reversals plummets, dropping lower every year. I tell you this as a cautionary tale; in 2003, my 15-year-old oldest son was hit by a car and killed. After 18 months or so, my wife and I decided that we wanted another child, not to replace Tim, but because we had envisioned our lives as the parents of two kids for so long that my younger son being an only child seemed so wrong. Anyway, the proctologist told me that after so long since my snip, the odds for a successful reversal were very slim. Now we are engaged in the bureaucracy and expense of an adoption. My advice to you, is to have a couple of samples frozen, just in case the unthinkable happens. I pray that you will never need them and will be able to donate them to some nice man some day.

Sorry to rain on the (mostly) bawdy and fun nature of this thread.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#46 of 48 OFFLINE   Chad_K

Chad_K

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 07:06 AM

I had mine done about a year ago. My wife did the shaving part. The doctor gave me a three pill cocktail an hour before I went in on that Friday afternoon. One of those pills were a valium and that was very nice. My doctor did not make incisions but rather punctures with something that hooked the Vas deferins and he burned and clamped. Not a bad surgery. There were about two or three nurses that came in to look at my stuff. Kind of uncomfortable.Posted Image After the surgery it was a bottle of Hydros Posted Image , a bottle of Crown Royal Posted Image , lots of ice and sitting on my arse for three straight days. Was not the worse thing in my life I have experienced. I would say do it!!!

"One thing that sticks in my mind is that the doctor did NOT wear gloves." YUCK!!! Sorry to hear that Hugh.
Chad Kemp
Technologist,

A/V Connections Inc
Little Rock, ARchadkemp@sbcglobal.net

#47 of 48 OFFLINE   Colton

Colton

Supporting Actor

• 795 posts

Posted July 21 2006 - 08:36 AM

Chad, you don't look old enough to have a vasectomy ... or a wife shaving your balls. In fact, I doubt your balls have dropped. I'm finding your story very difficult to believe. You're not foolin' me, kiddo! I'm smarter than that.

- Colton

#48 of 48 OFFLINE   MayM

MayM

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 11 2013 - 06:02 PM

Guys who ask either my husband or I if they will get a vasectomy, we always answer with a big YES! It worked for us for years and it was among the most worry-free times of our relationship. Don't worry, in case you would like to have it reversed, all that you would need to do is to have it reversed. not a big deal. ours was successfully reversed by Dr. Wilson. more info on him can be found at www.microvasreversal.com And now we are truly looking forward to a new addition to our family.

So for a worry-free form of contraceptive - go for a vasectomy (some pain initially but it will wear off and you'll enjoy the benefits)

Edited by MayM, June 11 2013 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow