What's new

vasectomy (1 Viewer)

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
The most lasting image I have of a person that had a vasectomy was my friend's father sitting in an easy chair with an ice pack on his lap for two days. And I can say the procedure ultimately worked in his case :D

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Had it done,no problem. Even if you come through with flying colors,do what the doc says and dont do anything for a couple of days. My friend thought,hey its all good the next day and did abit of work and it swelled up on him. Just kick it for a couple.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Just had one three months ago. Definitely listen to the doc. I went walking the next day all over Lowes and Home Depot. I ended up with a bad case of epididymitis, that took over a month to heal. I would highly recommend a jock for a few days, and anytime you do any lifting for the first 2-3 weeks. I didn't listen, and I paid the price.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
I'll never forget the Fall of 04. I was down for a week. Did lots of ice, jock, total rest, the works. Bad case of epididymitis anyway. I was in some amount of pain for a month and walking was difficult for 2 week. Also had another infection several months later where I was again down for a week. Now, from everyone I talked to who had had one (10-15 guys), I was the only one in that situation. Most of the guys were completely fine within a couple of days. One friend of mine actually went on a 25 mile bike ride the next day... I can't imagine, but more power to him.

Marc S Kessler

Stunt Coordinator
Had one in 1976 (yes I'm old). Fine after a few days. If you drive around make sure your vehicle has good shocks. You hit a bump or pot hole you'll know it.

James Pfann

Stunt Coordinator
Nope, the money shots are still gold. ;)
Everything is the same, only no swimmers. I had it done a little over a year ago and just enjoyed kicking back with plenty of movies for a couple weeks while waiting for everything to heal.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
"Mr. Taylor it's all strictly routine. On the morning of the procedure you just shave the surgical area..."
"Wait a minute. That isn't part of my routine. What do you think I do every morning? Wake up, brush my teeth, then shave Ping and Pong?" - Tim Allen, Home Improvement

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Had one in 1997. So the doc goes in and cuts the right tube, then goes to the left and lo and behold there is NO TUBE! Of course, there's a testicle but it isn't connected to anything. Seems that my right one has been doing all the work. Anyway, no tube usually means no kidney. So I had to go back for X-rays, and sure enough I don't have a left kidney. And not only that, but my right kidney is about 3 times larger than normal and full of stones as well as my bladder being full of 'em. The doc looks at me and says, 'You're 29 years old and you've never passed a stone?' And I reply with the truth, No. Well, after several lithotripsies and other invasive procedures with my bladder, today I am stone-free.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Hey,they never told me about shaving and so i'm on the table naked with a sheet on me and a mid 30's nurse,about half good looking lifts the sheet and her eyes get big and she says,you didnt shave! Nobody told me to. Well i never got the paper with prep stuff so she grabs the bic and asks,are you ok with me doing it? I've been handled by the best,you wont bother me so she shaved me. I've had kidney stones since i was 18 so this was nothing,belive me but i did enjoy. She told me if her husband knew she ever had to do this stuff he would make her quit. She told me sometimes when its an old man she has to stop until it go back down. LMAO.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Man, my wife was so jealous of the nurse who shaved me! It wasn't required that I do it myself so I didn't!

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
And that might be the worst part,hair growing back. I dont remember anything fun about that.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Damn, I had a male nurse shave me. Some guys have all the luck.

All of the advice given is good. Heed it all. Most important...take in that post semen sample. This procedure does not work in all cases. My neighbor thought it was a hassle and did not take in the sample two weeks later. One year later, they had had their 4th child. You probably have a great reason for wanting this procedure and not taking the time to verify the results is just stupid.

I used a bag of frozen pees to “ice down” the post-snipped twins. The pees form nicely around the swelled area and are very comfortable. Have two bags (hahahhaa…bags of pees) and keep one in the fridge. Switch when the current bag warms up. I found this worked very well. Keep the pees in a cooler in your car and apply immediately during the ride home. Also, have the jock handy. If they are hanging, those things hurt after the anesthetic wears off. You will know when you don’t have to wear it any more.

Good Luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks