What's new

Warner Home Video Tom & Jerry Replacement Program (UPDATE 1/30/07 POST #134) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
wbsmall.jpg

Just in From Warner Home Video Animation....

Notice regarding Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 2

Warner Home Video is advising consumers who purchased Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 2 DVD that certain episodes on Disc 1 and Disc 2 have an alternate audio track. For any consumer who wants to have both of these discs replaced with the original audio track, please contact Warner Home Video at 1-800-553-6937 so that a self-addressed stamped envelope can be sent to you for return of your current disc. Please note that the replacement discs will be sent to you in approximately 2-4 weeks.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I just called and the nice lady said they were just informed of the program yesterday and aren't quite fully set up for it yet, so she took my name and number and said she'd be calling me next week to get the rest of my info (not sure why she couldn't just take it now, but whatever). So you folks might just want to wait a week.

Jay*W

Second Unit
I had the same experience. The woman who answered the phone was not yet familiar with the replacement program.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
PLEASE EVERYONE WHO CALLS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER, BE SURE TO MENTION THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE SAME FOR VOLUME ONE!!!

Be polite, but bring it up to reinforce that we feel strongly about this! The first set should have been dealt with before volume 2 imo, as it is affected the most with wrongful cuts, edits and alternate audio tracks. It needs to be corrected if WHV wants our continued support of the series.

Thank you WHV for finally dealing with Volume 2, but we'd all hope to see the same for the first set sooner than later!

So please be sure to mention this and tell the receptionist or whoever answers the call to make note and pass it along. If everybody that calls does this, it will circulate fast and will be recieved by Warner Bros.

I intend to thank the person for correcting these discs, but also to state that my purchase is conditional and in good faith that volume 1 will be corrected...

This is the best and most effective way to spread the message.

Thank you again WHV for finally doing this!!!

Please get to work on Volume 1 now...

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Yes, a very big thank you! This is why the studio continues to have my support even when they release content in a way that I disagree with. Good job!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've had the same experiance as all of you.

And Marco's right, nicely bring up Vol 1. I plan on asking about it when I get a call back. I was going to do it initially but she had no idea it was happening at all, she said she just got the memo.

Can we have people posting to let us know when they were called back? That way I can gauge if I'm being ignored because I'm in canada.

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III
That's nice to hear. :)

Now let's see some Reconstructed Episodes included as a feature on a reissue of the so-called "Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour: The Complete Series" DVD set (taking a cue from the Huckleberry Hound and Yogi Bear DVDs)! That was a complete letdown, that one; I mean, separate syndicated versions of The Scooby-Doo Show and Dynomutt, Dog Wonder instead of the original 60-minute 1976 broadcast versions (which would have included only one opening and closing credits sequence per episode)?! Wot up wit dat?!

Restoring the original SDDH bridging sequences would be a benefit to us late bloomers who missed out on the original run and are thirsting for a chance to get acquainted with it for the first time.

After all, look what happened to Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics! :-D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I got a call back just now. I'm guessing there is no issues for Canadians calling this number, as the lady was very polite and helpful. I asked about volume 1, and they had no information on it at this time. In the chat, I think they said it was down the road.

Kudos to Warners on righting this wrong.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm confused. I have the Spotlight 2 collection, but I have no idea what this alternate audio track issue is. Is it obvious? What should I be looking (listening) for?

Thanks

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
The dialogue for certain cartoons featuring the character 'Mammy Two-Shoes' was re-recorded using contemporary voice actors for syndicated television broadcast at one point when it was deemed the original politically incorrect. This new replacement disc promises to restore the audio tracks to their original theatrical state.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I'm in Canada and I took advantage of this program. Very pleasant CS that I got too.

Thank you WB.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
That's the big question for me, too. But I doubt they'll replace them for anybody outside the R1 region. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. :)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I have mixed feelings about this. I really appreciate WB doing the right thing and offering replacement discs.

However, I purchased volume 1 based on the word from Jerry Beck that a replacement program would happen soon (That was 2 years ago!). Based on that experience, I refused to buy the second set. In order to take part in this offer, I will once again have to buy a DVD set in good faith. I really want to do this, but at the same time I'm extremely hesitent. I wish they would have issued the replacement for volume 1 first.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will be before the replacement program for volume one is launched?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I called and the nice lady took my request. She said they would send me an envelope for me to send my current discs to them and then they would send me the replacements. I hope a lot of people take advantage of this as it might effect the quickness of likeliness of Volume one getting replaced. People spread the word.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I just called and the lady told me that she would have to call me at 11 tomorrow morning to get my information.

Color me baffled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks