-

Photo

Is "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" back in print???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 PatrickMD

PatrickMD

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted July 05 2006 - 02:15 PM

Amazon has it listed at $17.99 and shipping in 1-2 weeks and Deep Discount DVD has it at $14.11 and being released on August 22. Does anybody know anything about it?

#2 of 7 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,105 posts

Posted July 05 2006 - 06:21 PM

I wasn't aware it was ever OUT of print, except that its second DVD release dropped the commentary track and documentary...

#3 of 7 Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,069 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted July 06 2006 - 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
I wasn't aware it was ever OUT of print, except that its second DVD release dropped the commentary track and documentary...
...to be more specific, it is available with no extras as part of "The Best of Abbott & Costello - Volume 3" and as an earlier-released individual disc with extras which Amazon still seems to have in stock.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#4 of 7 PatrickMD

PatrickMD

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted July 06 2006 - 01:34 AM

So to clarify - there was an earlier release with extras which went out of print, and a barebones release which was available only in a set. This appears to be the original release, as extras are listed, back in print (because it can't just be that Amazon has some left in stock because DDD lists an August release date for it as well). Does that sound right?

#5 of 7 Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted July 09 2006 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMD
So to clarify - there was an earlier release with extras which went out of print, and a barebones release which was available only in a set. This appears to be the original release, as extras are listed, back in print (because it can't just be that Amazon has some left in stock because DDD lists an August release date for it as well). Does that sound right?

Well, it is probably a re-issue of the previous release because the cover art at DDD & Amazon.com looks exactly like the original DVD release which was released in 2000.

#6 of 7 Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted July 09 2006 - 04:27 PM

Yes, but didn't they improve the transfer on the newer barebones release? I don't know this for a fact, but I thought that I heard this....could be wrong on that.
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#7 of 7 Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter

• 1,239 posts

Posted July 10 2006 - 01:00 PM

Sound like the set is just coming back with a price change. Reissue dates often do that.

Forum Nav Content I Follow