Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Holy LCD PJ Batman!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   MannyE

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator

• 233 posts

Posted July 05 2006 - 06:24 AM

Just wanted to drop a quick note that the install of the Panny AE900 is finally installed and the picture is INCREDIBLE! Even during the day with a little ambient light sneaking in, it's watchable (I wouldn't do a movie in those conditions, but for sports...it's fine).

The "Ultra" el-cheapo Chinese (or Indian...who knows..) electric screen does a respectable job for $199 bucks...almost completely silent operation and very flat (so far). My budget didn't allow for a "real" screen, so I have to live with it for now. I can imagine that picture quality would be enhanced with a better screen...maybe next year.

Running the video cables was the thing. If you are going to buy a FPJ make sure you have a clear understanding of how to run the cables BEFORE you buy. I would even rcommend doing exploratory surgery on the room, or you will run the risk of finding out that the route you were thinking about may be blocked by studs or an unexplained sheet of plywood...ask me how I know. I ended up having to rip up all the baseboards and add almost 15 feet to the cable run, which added quite a bit to the budget.. just think about how much a 30 foot HDMI cable costs... plus 30 feet of component, s-video and composite..oh well...

It is worth it though...as soon as you see what HD looks like in one hundred inch splendor! I'm hooked!
Ni!!