What's new

? about dukes of hazzard (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, I don't think anybody expects Warner to abandon it with one season left. My guess would be they'll try to get the last season out in time for Christmas, and I wouldn't be too surprised if they come up with a big DOH box set too, because this has to be their "Friends" in terms of hour long shows

tomRapier

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
i hope they dont abandon it. look at starsky and hutch no last season in sight.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Last I heard this series has sold very well so no danger of it being abandoned. I would hope season 7 would be out sometime in the fall/early winter.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm anxious as a longtime fan of this show to finally complete the DVD series. Several years ago I was wondering if I would ever have the DUKES on DVD, so it has been a real treat, and Warner has done a tremendous job on the series, both in quality care and in swift release dates.

I was actually hoping for Season 7 by the end of the summer, but it doesn't look like that is happening. I do hope for a fall release, before Christmas, but I'll take it whenever, of course.

I'll champion the idea of a box set---I would use it as a spare copy to my original purchases, but would hope for extras not previously included on the original season sets. And a booklet would be nice, too!

My only concerns about the DUKES series on DVD were some of the things I felt they could have expanded on when it came to bonus features, even though what they gave us was nice and a real treat, and a lot more than other series ever get...

How about commentaries by "Coy" and "Vance", Byron Cherry and Christopher Meyer?

The episodes of the spinoff ENOS, where Uncle Jesse, Daisy and Rosco all make guest appearances? That would have been enough to satisfy my desire to see some ENOS episodes on DVD.

Blooper reels and deleted scenes? I believe they exist as bloopers/outtakes were once shown on one of those Dick Clark shows in the '80s, I'm fairly certain.

All in all, however, a tremendous thanks to Warner for making this fan's wish to have these shows on DVD a reality. Great nostalgia from my childhood!

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah my hope is that the 2 reunion movies would be included in the season 7 set since it is shorter than the other full length seasons.

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone scared they may hold out until the direct to video sequel they have planned for the movie comes out next year?

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
I second the Enos set. It would be perfect if the last Season set was jammed full of those just to get them out of the way. I'm sure fans would go for it, especially if they have the rest of them (even the dreaded Coy and Vance set). ;)

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hoping we'll see the reunion movies included with S7. The crossover ENOS episodes would also be nice because I'm wondering if we'll ever see the complete ENOS series released.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I wish they would make a annoucement when this will be out (yes I am impatient :P)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Not only that but Gord made a mistake on the News Article. He mentions 17 Episodes early in the article and then at the end of the article makes a remark about 22 episodes for the set.

If I were a new visitor I'd be confused by that story ... ehehe ...

Looks like even Gord can make an honest mistake.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Now we just need the two reunion movies and the two spinoff series (Enos and the animated Dukes).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Not that it matters, but I think it was Warner's mistake. Gord just posted the press release as he got it.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
yeah, he just emailed it to me after I sent him an email ... wasn't aware that it was an official press release. you'd think that Warner would proof read their own press releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks