What's new

Best Buy TV show sale (1 Viewer)

michaelHAR

Grip
Just got the Best Buy sales flyer for next week, and they had several Twentieth Century Fox tv shows on sale for $14.99(regularly $32.99). The titles pictures include:

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea(S1, V1)
The Time Tunnel(V1)
Mash(S1,S9)
Hill Street Blues(S1,S2)
In Living Color(S1,S5)
American Dad(V1)
Dark Angel(S2)
Over There(S1)
NYPD Blue(S3)
The Simpsons(S1)
Futurama(V1)
The Pretender(S1,S2,S3)
Remington Steele(S1,S2,S3)

There is no explanation to tell if these are the only titles, or if these just happen to be pictured.

Pretty good price. Also, they are open July 4th from 10:00-7:00.

Michael H.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You got it all wrong. That sale is for their Independence Day ad and the prices are also incorrect. They are not $14.99. At least get your information correct because Best Buy also tries to reflect those prices on their website, which aren't listed.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Actually, i've seen those prices posted at other websites so there is a good chance it is right.Also, Best Buy might not have updated their site yet.

Kevin_Lodge

Stunt Coordinator

He has his information correct. I have the ad right in front of me. Some great deals here. Going to pick up Hills Street Blues S1+ S2 later today.

michaelHAR

Grip
What did I get wrong? Did it occur to you that the website won't reflect the prices until the sale actually starts, and some offers, quite often, aren't always available via the website, rather they are in-store only. I ran into this situation with a Circuit City ad over Memorial Day weekend, and it failed to mention that the sale was in-store only. Not even in the very fine print on the ad.

Have you seen the ad? Where did you get your information that I got it wrong and that the prices are incorrect? Maybe if you would have taken the time to go to the Best Buy website, and looked at the weekly flyer for the week starting 7/2/06, you could have saved yourself this embarrassment(see the ad on page 7).

So, before you tell anyone else to get their information correct, maybe you could back-off and do the same!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

John*D

Second Unit
I don't see in the ad where it says IN-STORE only. I wonder when the web site will reflect these prices. I want my PRETENDER S3!

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I wonder if S1 & S2 of NYPD blue are the same price also? Hmmm Is that show worth a blind buy at that price? I'd only try it if it were all 3 seasons.....

Mary_P

Second Unit
If you think *one* dancing banana is hypnotizing, try a chorus line of them:

(I'm tempted to do a whole Busby Berkeley thing here, but I'll refrain....)

I hope other seasons of "NYPD Blue" are included in the sale; I'll be heading over to Best Buy soon to check it out. And, yes, it's worth a blind buy, especially at this price.

Also note that there's a good sale on TV product at Target this week too: Facts of Life, Rescue Me, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Seinfeld and Dawson's Creek for $19.99 each.

And doesn't this whole discussion belong under Coupons and Bargains?

Mary

michaelHAR

Grip
Mary,

You are probably right, I should have stuck it under the other forum topic. That was a mistake on my part.

Speaking of Target, I wish that they would repeat the $17.99 Monk sale on the other seasons. I picked up season one when it was on sale at Target a couple of months ago.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
My bad. Best Buy usually updates their website and when I looked on their site early this morning it didn't reflect the new prices.

michaelHAR

Grip
No problem at all. Trying to find agreement between the print ads and the websites is often a fruitless task.

You can make it all up to me by getting Target to run the Monk series for $17.99 each. See what you can do.;)

Michael H.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I just got back from Best Buy and it is only the shows and seasons he has listed. Still I bought the second and third season of Remington Steele for half the shelf price and I bought the first half of Time Tunnel for just about half price. What a deal!!

I am glad that people do list these kind of deals under this Forum because it is the only one I read so I guess I miss out on a lot of stuff.

michaelHAR

Grip
I managed to stumble across the first season of Monk at that price, did they run the others at that price as well?

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Sounds like I'm gonna have to check that out. I still have yet to get the last season of In Living Color. I got lucky at Best Buy a while back, they had a buy one get one free on Universal shows, so I picked up seasons 3&4 of Knight Rider for about $35.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up The Pretender Season 1 and I plan to pick up Seasons 2 and Seasons 3 near the end of this week. To make matters even better, Season 4 comes out in two weeks. Normally I wouldn't buy this series but my mom loves the show so I'm going to buy her a DVD player and give the sets to her.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
This is basically the only forum that I read on this site, so I really appreciate sales on TV DVD titles being posted here.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks