Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy TV show sale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 OFFLINE   michaelHAR

michaelHAR

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted July 01 2006 - 02:01 PM

Just got the Best Buy sales flyer for next week, and they had several Twentieth Century Fox tv shows on sale for $14.99(regularly $32.99). The titles pictures include:

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea(S1, V1)
The Time Tunnel(V1)
Mash(S1,S9)
Hill Street Blues(S1,S2)
In Living Color(S1,S5)
American Dad(V1)
Dark Angel(S2)
Over There(S1)
NYPD Blue(S3)
The Simpsons(S1)
Futurama(V1)
The Pretender(S1,S2,S3)
Remington Steele(S1,S2,S3)

There is no explanation to tell if these are the only titles, or if these just happen to be pictured.

Pretty good price. Also, they are open July 4th from 10:00-7:00.

Michael H.

#2 of 27 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 01 2006 - 06:27 PM

You got it all wrong. That sale is for their Independence Day ad and the prices are also incorrect. They are not $14.99. At least get your information correct because Best Buy also tries to reflect those prices on their website, which aren't listed.

#3 of 27 OFFLINE   Dillon*G

Dillon*G

Second Unit

• 336 posts

Posted July 01 2006 - 06:37 PM

Actually, i've seen those prices posted at other websites so there is a good chance it is right.Also, Best Buy might not have updated their site yet.

#4 of 27 OFFLINE   Kevin_Lodge

Kevin_Lodge

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted July 01 2006 - 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
You got it all wrong. That sale is for their Independence Day ad and the prices are also incorrect. They are not $14.99. At least get your information correct because Best Buy also tries to reflect those prices on their website, which aren't listed.

He has his information correct. I have the ad right in front of me. Some great deals here. Going to pick up Hills Street Blues S1+ S2 later today.

#5 of 27 OFFLINE   michaelHAR

michaelHAR

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 01:39 AM

What did I get wrong? Did it occur to you that the website won't reflect the prices until the sale actually starts, and some offers, quite often, aren't always available via the website, rather they are in-store only. I ran into this situation with a Circuit City ad over Memorial Day weekend, and it failed to mention that the sale was in-store only. Not even in the very fine print on the ad.

Have you seen the ad? Where did you get your information that I got it wrong and that the prices are incorrect? Maybe if you would have taken the time to go to the Best Buy website, and looked at the weekly flyer for the week starting 7/2/06, you could have saved yourself this embarrassment(see the ad on page 7).

So, before you tell anyone else to get their information correct, maybe you could back-off and do the same! Posted Image

Quote:

#6 of 27 OFFLINE   ethanTo

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 03:46 AM

That dancing banana is hypnotizing

#7 of 27 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 04:06 AM

I don't see in the ad where it says IN-STORE only. I wonder when the web site will reflect these prices. I want my PRETENDER S3!

#8 of 27 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 04:12 AM

I wonder if S1 & S2 of NYPD blue are the same price also? Hmmm Is that show worth a blind buy at that price? I'd only try it if it were all 3 seasons.....

#9 of 27 OFFLINE   Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 04:36 AM

If you think *one* dancing banana is hypnotizing, try a chorus line of them:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

(I'm tempted to do a whole Busby Berkeley thing here, but I'll refrain....)

I hope other seasons of "NYPD Blue" are included in the sale; I'll be heading over to Best Buy soon to check it out. And, yes, it's worth a blind buy, especially at this price.

Also note that there's a good sale on TV product at Target this week too: Facts of Life, Rescue Me, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Seinfeld and Dawson's Creek for $19.99 each.

And doesn't this whole discussion belong under Coupons and Bargains?

Mary

#10 of 27 OFFLINE   michaelHAR

michaelHAR

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 05:02 AM

Mary,

You are probably right, I should have stuck it under the other forum topic. That was a mistake on my part.

Speaking of Target, I wish that they would repeat the $17.99 Monk sale on the other seasons. I picked up season one when it was on sale at Target a couple of months ago.

#11 of 27 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 07:54 AM

My bad. Best Buy usually updates their website and when I looked on their site early this morning it didn't reflect the new prices.

#12 of 27 OFFLINE   michaelHAR

michaelHAR

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 08:49 AM

No problem at all. Trying to find agreement between the print ads and the websites is often a fruitless task.

You can make it all up to me by getting Target to run the Monk series for $17.99 each. See what you can do.Posted Image

Michael H.

Quote:
My bad. Best Buy usually updates their website and when I looked on their site early this morning it didn't reflect the new prices.

#13 of 27 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 09:05 AM

Should have jumped on that about six weeks ago when that's the price that Monk was at. HEH!!!

#14 of 27 OFFLINE   peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 09:48 AM

I just got back from Best Buy and it is only the shows and seasons he has listed. Still I bought the second and third season of Remington Steele for half the shelf price and I bought the first half of Time Tunnel for just about half price. What a deal!!

I am glad that people do list these kind of deals under this Forum because it is the only one I read so I guess I miss out on a lot of stuff.

#15 of 27 OFFLINE   michaelHAR

michaelHAR

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 11:00 AM

I managed to stumble across the first season of Monk at that price, did they run the others at that price as well?

Quote:
Should have jumped on that about six weeks ago when that's the price that Monk was at. HEH!!!

#16 of 27 OFFLINE   Duane Alford

Duane Alford

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 08:55 PM

Sounds like I'm gonna have to check that out. I still have yet to get the last season of In Living Color. I got lucky at Best Buy a while back, they had a buy one get one free on Universal shows, so I picked up seasons 3&4 of Knight Rider for about $35.

#17 of 27 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted July 03 2006 - 02:35 AM

BestBuy.com corrected the prices on the $14.99 titles. Time to order!

#18 of 27 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 03 2006 - 05:38 AM

Shouldn't this topic be moved to the Coupons and Bargains forum?

#19 of 27 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 03 2006 - 09:55 AM

Just picked up The Pretender Season 1 and I plan to pick up Seasons 2 and Seasons 3 near the end of this week. To make matters even better, Season 4 comes out in two weeks. Normally I wouldn't buy this series but my mom loves the show so I'm going to buy her a DVD player and give the sets to her.

#20 of 27 OFFLINE   Jonny P

Jonny P

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted July 03 2006 - 10:55 AM

This is basically the only forum that I read on this site, so I really appreciate sales on TV DVD titles being posted here.

Thanks!

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow