What's new

Whoa, hard to find a 65" PTV these days! (1 Viewer)

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
With the advent of HD DVD, I was thinking about upgrading my 55" Mits to a bigger set. It seems all the sets these days are either 50" or 60", but I can't see only increasing my screen size by only 5" to a 60".

I did see Mits has one '07 DLP model that is 65" and also has 1080p. Don't know much about the PQ.

Anybody know what other models are out there?

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc

Sorry, Greg. I should have been more clear. What I would like would be a 65" model. A 10" increase in size, and looking at HD movies would really make a big difference in the overall movie watching experience. I am not so sure about going from 55" to 61" or 62", and not sure I can justify the money for that.

I know there are larger sets, around 72-73", but those are a little too big for my situation, and too $$$ for me.

Again, any 65" other than the Mits that are out there now, or coming soon?

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator

I've seen a preproduction unit of the new Mits and thought it looked very good for a DLP. They have a new color wheel that improves color accuracy considerably and rainbows are somewhat less as well.

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
Last night at BB, they had one of the new Mits there, I think a 50" set. They were demoing the Blu Ray player on it. Looked pretty good at a brief viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks