What's new

Silver Spoons tv show, any chance itll come this year? (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I know its been asked before , but just asking to see if anything has developed. Maybe our good friend David Lambert knows ?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Its freakin sony , so expect the entire series to wrap up on dvd around 2015. Heck, since 2004 theyve only released 2 seasons of diffrent strokes.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Does anyone find it a little odd, that this hasnt been mentioned on tv shows on dvd site ?After all, this was 1 of the most requested tv on dvd titles .

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That's not unusual. They weren't the first to break the news of Sony's upcoming releases of Maude and Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Lets hope this sells a whole lot better than diffrent strokes , or else we wont be seeing future seasons.Ill preorder mine, as soon as it goes up at online stores.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I think I posted here a while ago, the SILVER SPOONS episodes that Sony put up for the Comcast On Demand feature were the edited, syndicated versions.

Since in the TVSHOWSONDVD story they mention the running time being odd, I think that maybe we should be prepared for the syndicated cuts being issued.

Unless someone can inform them in time.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Jon, I remember when you posted that a while back.But at 17 minutes, even for syndicated cuts sounds wrong.Normal cuts back then were around 22-23 minutes,so I figure the chopped up syndicated versions have to run at the least 19-21 minutes per episode. Theres no doubt, the running time given by sony is accidentally wrong.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
No, normal cuts would be about 24 minutes.

Jon, were all of the episodes on Comcast cut or just some of them?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Also I think it is fair to mention What's Happening Now season 1 is also listed as coming the same day, and its press release states 531 minutes for 22 episodes, which is 24.136363636364. As that show was a first-run syndicated series it is highly unlikely that the episodes were longer than 22 minutes.

Sony has been wrong about running times in their press releases before.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I didn't notice. The only way I realized it was because they showed footage during the end credits (where they replay scenes from the show) that wasn't in the main episode.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Review for season 1 dvd is now up at dvd talk.com.The bad news is no extras at all !I honestly thought we would get a featurette , since it was hinted that their might be one, over at sitcoms online.com.Im still buying this , just slightly suprised about zero extras.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Nothing can stop my anticipation for this dvd release,I mean how bad can the picture possibly be? It cant be worse than diffrent strokes dvds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks