What's new

Price check on Isle 5? (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

Man, has it been ages since I have been here :)
Hello to all of you! (not sure if anyone even remembers me from back in the day LOL)

I actually haven't been able to do anything DIY in some time due to time, money and space constraints and as such, have a large assortment of stuff that I no longer need.

Could someone please guide me as to what any of the following are worth these days? I need funds for a new computer LOL. I figured this place would be the best to ask given the nature of the stuff.

Have the following:
Outlaw ICBM (excellent cond)
BFD 1124P (excellent cond)
5.1+ belden 89259 3ft locking interconnects (1/4" on one end for BFD) with triaxial version of 89259 for digital
A bunch of supplies to make ~3ft 89235 interconnects

(interconnects use the locking Daytons)

Appreciate any help I can get :)
I still have my old system cranking away, but just can't expand anymore.
Thanks!
-_Tony

(THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD, so please don't ask about it in this thread. I'll post up an appropriate thread in the FS section with prices after I get some feedback, as per HTF forum rules)

A

Anthony_Gomez

HeyJack!

How is that little guy serving you? I have mine somewhere LOL. When I went to the tumult/18PR, I packed it away.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Haven't used it in quite a while, but as it happens I had it open the other day to see just how tough it would be to change out the components for other subs (it's still the way you made it for my Tempest) and was marveling at how neat and professional the soldering was, and how perfect the wire lengths were. :) I decided it required surgeon's hands and figured I'd have to send it back to you for any "firmware updates". ;)

Gomer

Auditioning

Actually, if I remember correctly, it is very easy to change settings. All the parts that don't need to be changed are hard wired in. The variable components are set using socket pins. The sockets are soldered, but the caps/resistors are just pushed into the sockets (use needle nose pliers)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Talk about circumstance. I don't get here anymore either, and just happened to click on the DIY area and noticed "Gomer" and thought: "Is that Tony?" Best wishes to you and hope you get back to DIY-ing soon.

Gomer

Auditioning

I'll definately DIY again, but that won't be for a few more years. Need to finish up here at the university (hope to have everythign written up in a couple months), get a good job, get a house...you know...fun stuff.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I am just like one of you!

It's nice to see all of the HTF DIYers from a few years back. I still lurk here a few days a week but rarely post.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I noticed the DIY section here REALLY died down about a year or so ago...I still lurk.

Mostly at HTGuide and AVS now, myself.

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
While not as much of an old schooler as most here .... I was more the lurker-type back in those days ... learning so much from all you guys.

Good to see some old faces again.

*group hug*

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
"group hug" - that was good. I just posted a tip for a newbie, so I thought I'd check this thread again and more oldies have popped out of the (speaker) woodwork. This has been cool.

Gotta get ready for another phone conference - third one today - work pressure increases...

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Hey All, It's been a long time...

I remember your Ushers with lead bricks on them and adire 12s at your UCI place. You heard my dual tempests and GR-AV3s...

Now I'm working on Linkwitz Plutos. :)

I got all my tempests from Kyle back when he first started acoustic visions. His business seems like it grew a bit. I remember his Maelstrom project.

I've been waiting for another Bass List type of gathering so I can hear some amazing stuff. :)

Oh, SL is working on a subwoofer to integrate with the plutos making them a full range system... Kind of like a budget "Orion" system.

Yesterday I made a sub for a friend. Used a 12" Dayton HF series driver and 240W plate amp. It's 3 cubic feet tuned to 27hz, stuffed with like 1.5lbs of fill. Has a 3/4" raw MDF look... like most of my stuff...

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter

I do too! In fact its still my favorite implementation of the Maelstrom. Would love to have two or three for next/under the screen channels.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
It's kind of funny that the picture of my two kids inside of the sub is what many people remember about that project. It's been a few years ago and the kids have grown a bit so it's getting a bit tight in there for them so I may have to enlarge it a bit :)

I actually still use that enclosure to this day but the Maelstrom was replaced a few years ago with a Blueprint 1804.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks