What's new

Blu-ray Titles Coming Soon ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just got a news letter from Samsung today and it had a list of movies they said where coming soon, no release dates though.

Seven of the eight major movie studios have announced movie releases in the Blu-ray Disc™ format. These movies feature high-definition video and audio, as well as advanced interactive features. New releases: The Fifth Element Pirates of the Caribbean The Matrix 50 First Dates Chicken Little A Knight’s Tale Armageddon Basic Instinct Batman Begins Black Hawk Down Constantine Crimson Tide Desperado Goodfellas Hero Hitch Leathal Weapon Million Dollar baby Incredibles King Arthur Ice Age
If these titles actually do come out soon that will be a good start for Blu-ray. Especially if they are VC1 or MPEG4 releases using quality HD transfers. This is the chance for Blu-ray to show everyone how good it is. Or it will have a harder time catching up to HD-DVD!

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
Pretty decent list, if I weren't waiting a bit, I'd be quite happy. 8 of those I'd buy immediately, 1 or 2 I'd have to consider and might end up buying. The rest don't interest me much.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
It's interesting to see Armageddon on that list since SD-DVD never got a anamorphic release of that title ...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i hope to wait for the br player to be less then the current 999.00 but i just saw the demo on a samsung in CC and on the demo was some of spider-man 2.

if sm2 appears on br this year it will be tough for me to not get a br player

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Same here! One of my all time favorites. And if VC1 is being used on the Incredibles release I have no doubt it will look... well, you know. Its good to see a few films that I could actually get excited about, however HD-DVDers have been waiting on some of these same titles for awhile now so I'm not holding my breath.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Has Paramount backed out of blu ray? I know they said they were going for blu ray and announced a few titles like Mission Impossible and Tomb Raider but how come no official dates?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
That is one thing that is bothering me is why there is no release dates for these movies. There is basically very little information on when any of these or any other titles will be available on Blu-ray.

I have been trying to be pacient and wait for a Sony or Pioneer Blu-ray player and VC-1 or MPEG4 titles. But they keep pushing the players back over and over again. While yes the Samsung is out and available, I have to interest in spending $1k on a Samsung.

Since the Sony Blu-ray player is not going to be out till sometime in November or December. I was at a local Ultimate Electronics and a salesman said he knew someone that told him it would be November or December that the Sony player would be out. I am tired of waiting for the Sony player and am now going to buy a Toshiba HD-DVD player and wait for the Sony player to become available. I for one would like to see a release schedule for all the movies that will be coming out for Blu-ray. And I would like to see the new Dolby and DTS formats being used on Blu-ray releases as well.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
It's be nice if the Sony player could at least play CDs like any $30 DVD player from Target can...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
On the inside of the jewl case of Terminator 2 it says the following movies should be available on Blu-ray in 2006.

The Devils Rejects, Total Recall, Stargate & Dune

And Sony claims these other titles are coming out but many of them have no release dates.

Blu-ray titles announced

Title Studio Info 50 First Dates Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 A Knight's Tale Sony Release date: September 19, 2006 Aeon Flux Paramount
Amityville Horror MGM Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Angel Seekers Air TBS Japan only Armageddon Disney
Basic Instinct Lionsgate Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Basic Instinct 2 MGM Release date: July 11, 2006 Batman Begins Warner
Behind Enemy Lines Fox
Benchwarmers Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Big Hit Sony Release date: September 19, 2006 Black Hawk Down Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 Blazing Saddles Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Bram Stoker's Dracula Sony
Bridge on the River Kwai Sony
Brothers Grimm Disney
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Warner
Chicken Little Disney Not a launch title, to be released later in 2006 Chronos Goldhil Documentary, Release date: May 23, 2006 Constantine Warner
Crash Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 Crimson Tide Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Dark Water Disney
Desperado Sony
Devil's Rejects Lionsgate
Dinosaur Disney
Dukes of Hazzard Warner
Dune Lionsgate TV miniseries aka Frank Herbert's Dune, Release date: June/July Everest Disney Documentary Fantastic Four Fox
Fifth Element Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 Flightplan Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES For a Few Dollars More MGM
Four Brothers Paramount
Full Metal Jacket Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Goodfellas Warner Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Great Raid Disney
Green Mile Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Guns of Navarone Sony
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Hero Disney
Hitch Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 House of Flying Daggers Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 Ice Age Fox
Incredibles Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Into The Blue Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 Italian Job Paramount
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back Disney
Kill Bill Vol. 1 Disney
King Arthur Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Kiss of the Dragon Fox
Kung Fu Hustle Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Ladder 49 Disney
Last Samurai Warner
Last Waltz MGM Documentary, Release date: June 27, 2006 League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Fox
Legends of the Fall Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Lethal Weapon Warner
Lord of War Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 Manchurian Candidate Paramount
Matrix Warner
Matrix Reloaded Warner Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Memento Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 Million Dollar Baby Warner
Mission Impossible Paramount Not a launch title, to be released later in 2006 Mission Impossible II Paramount Not a launch title, to be released later in 2006 Mission Impossible III Paramount Not a launch title, to be released later in 2006 New Cinema Paradise Asmik Ace Japan only Ocean's Twelve Warner
Phantom of the Opera Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Pirates of the Caribbean Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Punisher Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 Rambo: First Blood Lionsgate
Reservoir Dogs Lionsgate Release date: June/July Resident Evil Sony Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Resident Evil: Apocalypse Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Robocop MGM Release date: August 15, 2006 Rumor Has It Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats RV Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 S.W.A.T. Sony Release date: September 19, 2006 Sahara Paramount
Saw Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 See No Evil Lionsgate
Sense and Sensibility Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 Silent Hill Sony Release date: August 22, 2006 Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Paramount
Sleepy Hollow Paramount
Species MGM Release date: July 25, 2006 Spider-Man Sony Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Stargate Atlantis MGM TV series, Release date: June/July Stealth Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Steamboy Bandai Visual Japan only Step Into Liquid Lionsgate
Swordfish Warner
Syriana Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Tears of the Sun Sony Release date: September 19, 2006 Terminator MGM Release date: June 20, 2006 Terminator 2: Judgment Day Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Warner
Tomb Raider Paramount
Total Recall Lionsgate Release date: June/July Training Day Warner
Troy Warner
Twister Warner
U2: Rattle and Hum Paramount Documentary Ultraviolet Sony Release date: June 27, 2006 Underworld: Evolution Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 Unforgiven Warner
We Were Soldiers Paramount
xXx Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 xXx: State of the Union Sony Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Moritz
On the inside of the jewl case of Terminator 2 it says the following movies should be available on Blu-ray in 2006.

The Devils Rejects, Total Recall, Stargate & Dune

And Sony claims these other titles are coming out but many of them have no release dates.

Blu-ray titles announced

Title Studio Info 50 First Dates Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 A Knight's Tale Sony Release date: September 19, 2006 Aeon Flux Paramount
Amityville Horror MGM Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Angel Seekers Air TBS Japan only Armageddon Disney
Basic Instinct Lionsgate Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Basic Instinct 2 MGM Release date: July 11, 2006 Batman Begins Warner
Behind Enemy Lines Fox
Benchwarmers Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Big Hit Sony Release date: September 19, 2006 Black Hawk Down Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 Blazing Saddles Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Bram Stoker's Dracula Sony
Bridge on the River Kwai Sony
Brothers Grimm Disney
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Warner
Chicken Little Disney Not a launch title, to be released later in 2006 Chronos Goldhil Documentary, Release date: May 23, 2006 Constantine Warner
Crash Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 Crimson Tide Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Dark Water Disney
Desperado Sony
Devil's Rejects Lionsgate
Dinosaur Disney
Dukes of Hazzard Warner
Dune Lionsgate TV miniseries aka Frank Herbert's Dune, Release date: June/July Everest Disney Documentary Fantastic Four Fox
Fifth Element Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 Flightplan Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES For a Few Dollars More MGM
Four Brothers Paramount
Full Metal Jacket Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Goodfellas Warner Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Great Raid Disney
Green Mile Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Guns of Navarone Sony
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Hero Disney
Hitch Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 House of Flying Daggers Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 Ice Age Fox
Incredibles Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Into The Blue Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 Italian Job Paramount
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back Disney
Kill Bill Vol. 1 Disney
King Arthur Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Kiss of the Dragon Fox
Kung Fu Hustle Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Ladder 49 Disney
Last Samurai Warner
Last Waltz MGM Documentary, Release date: June 27, 2006 League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Fox
Legends of the Fall Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Lethal Weapon Warner
Lord of War Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 Manchurian Candidate Paramount
Matrix Warner
Matrix Reloaded Warner Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Memento Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 Million Dollar Baby Warner
Mission Impossible Paramount Not a launch title, to be released later in 2006 Mission Impossible II Paramount Not a launch title, to be released later in 2006 Mission Impossible III Paramount Not a launch title, to be released later in 2006 New Cinema Paradise Asmik Ace Japan only Ocean's Twelve Warner
Phantom of the Opera Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Pirates of the Caribbean Disney Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Punisher Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 Rambo: First Blood Lionsgate
Reservoir Dogs Lionsgate Release date: June/July Resident Evil Sony Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Resident Evil: Apocalypse Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Robocop MGM Release date: August 15, 2006 Rumor Has It Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats RV Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 S.W.A.T. Sony Release date: September 19, 2006 Sahara Paramount
Saw Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 See No Evil Lionsgate
Sense and Sensibility Sony Release date: August 15, 2006 Silent Hill Sony Release date: August 22, 2006 Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Paramount
Sleepy Hollow Paramount
Species MGM Release date: July 25, 2006 Spider-Man Sony Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES Stargate Atlantis MGM TV series, Release date: June/July Stealth Sony Release date: July 25, 2006 Steamboy Bandai Visual Japan only Step Into Liquid Lionsgate
Swordfish Warner
Syriana Warner Not yet announced, but Warner has stated that they will release all their titles in both formats Tears of the Sun Sony Release date: September 19, 2006 Terminator MGM Release date: June 20, 2006 Terminator 2: Judgment Day Lionsgate Release date: June 27, 2006 Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Warner
Tomb Raider Paramount
Total Recall Lionsgate Release date: June/July Training Day Warner
Troy Warner
Twister Warner
U2: Rattle and Hum Paramount Documentary Ultraviolet Sony Release date: June 27, 2006 Underworld: Evolution Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 Unforgiven Warner
We Were Soldiers Paramount
xXx Sony Release date: June 20, 2006 xXx: State of the Union Sony Not yet announced, but packaging shown at CES

You do realize we keep a Blu-ray release listing here? We try to keep it current as new release information comes to us. We also have a HD DVD release listing with both of them being sticky threads.

Crawdaddy

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I think it's Robert who should apologize since he repost it a second time! (by quoting the entire post!) :D ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks