What's new

Prison Break Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Filming has been on for a few days now in the Dallas area. A scene was apparently shot just a few miles from me in Rockwall, but I didn't know about it until I read the paper today. They're going to be here for ten months, so maybe I can cameo. ;)

The biggest and best news of the Dallas Morning News story is that Invasion's William Fichtner is joining the cast as Agent Alexander Mahone. He was cast the day before filming began.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I saw a teaser on Fox during the All-Star Game for this and one of their new shows. (the new shows look like they're trying to capitalize on the "one-trick idea show ala what we thought PB was going to be.)
Looked pretty darn good, Bellick looks to be in hard chase mode in the early stuff. I love this show and just can't wait. I can't believe that season premiere season starts up in like a month...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No, it was just considered an extended mid-season break when it was stopped for a few months. I watch almost no TV during the summer, so I have yet to see the new footage. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I love the show but I really wonder how would they be able to stretch this to season 3. Season 2 is already a big stretch!

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

If they were still in prison, I'd agree with you. But escaped cons on the lam is more than enough plot. The Fugitive was able to get an entire series out of the idea, and that was with only one guy on the run.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Patricia Wettig (who played the VP) will be starring in "Brothers and Sisters" this season (or whatever that new show is called with Arvin Sloane).

However, the creator of "Prison Break" said that her character really wasn't going to be a focus this season. I read that in "Entertainment Weekly" as I recall.

I don't really know anything about any other cast changes.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Since I posted the information in the other thread, I will now elaborate. Jonny P is right, the producers chose not to lock up Patricia Wettig to a contract. She is now going to another show and has no current plans to reappear on Prison Break.

The other recast is that of the guy who is Lincoln is supposed to have killed (I forget his name). They are using a different actor then the one they used in last year's season finale. This is not as big a deal because if memory serves, they showed his body, but not his face.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't remember exactly where her character ended up at the end of season one, but it seems like she would at least be needed for a couple of scenes to set up the change. They could probably get her for small cameos, but I guess they figure it's not worth the hassle. I don't remember the dead guy, so that part's not a big deal. It's funny that Wettig's going to star with Rifkin, though, since they had a brief thing on Alias.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
If it counts for anything, back in May was in Chicago, so I drove by the prison in Joliet. I was surprised how it was in the middle of town, rather than out in the country.

There were a bunch of cars in the lot, so I wondered if they were shooting or doing some other production-related work... just pulled in & parked like it was the mall or something. I didn't try to go in. :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know how the season is going to play out in terms of episodes? Will they do the same thing as last year, a run of episodes, long break, then bring it back? They should let this one play out in its entirety so when it ends, 24 picks right up.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Half in the summer, and half when 24 comes back. Prison Break and 24 paired up to end the season was a big ratings hit for Fox on Mondays. Add in Vanished (which looks very good) and we could have 3 good shows for the next 10 months on monday nights

Roger_R

Second Unit
The vice president's brother? They showed his face in the season finale, and you could also see it in previous episodes, though not clearly. It's definitely noticeable if you jump straight from the season 1 finale to the season 2 premiere, if he appears in that episode.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ohh. I thought the recast was the guy who was actually killed in place of the brother. Well, if I recall correctly, the VP's brother was played by Dr. Phlox. Too bad if he's not coming back, though I hope the character's screentime remains limited in any case.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
John Billingsley played the VP's brother (and Dr. Phlox on Enterprise), and will be on the new show, The Nine, this upcoming season. It looks like the show is living up to its name with so many of the "inmates" making a break for it on other shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks