-

Photo
- - - - -

Prison Break Season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
489 replies to this topic

#1 of 490 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted June 28 2006 - 09:05 AM

Filming has been on for a few days now in the Dallas area. A scene was apparently shot just a few miles from me in Rockwall, but I didn't know about it until I read the paper today. They're going to be here for ten months, so maybe I can cameo. Posted Image

The biggest and best news of the Dallas Morning News story is that Invasion's William Fichtner is joining the cast as Agent Alexander Mahone. He was cast the day before filming began.

#2 of 490 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 18 2006 - 06:03 PM

It's old news now, but here's the story I mentioned above. Looks like it was picked up on the wire, so you shouldn't have to register to read it here:

http://origin.miami.....ald_television

In more recent news, I heard that they filmed at one of our courthouses recently. I would assume they have to film after hours so as not to disrupt court business.

#3 of 490 OFFLINE   nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 01:33 AM

I saw a teaser on Fox during the All-Star Game for this and one of their new shows. (the new shows look like they're trying to capitalize on the "one-trick idea show ala what we thought PB was going to be.)
Looked pretty darn good, Bellick looks to be in hard chase mode in the early stuff. I love this show and just can't wait. I can't believe that season premiere season starts up in like a month...
-Nick G.

"The number of people whose permission I need before I can do whatever the hell I want..." - Josh Lyman

#4 of 490 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 02:02 AM

wouldn't it be season 3 though....
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#5 of 490 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 19 2006 - 05:38 AM

No, it was just considered an extended mid-season break when it was stopped for a few months. I watch almost no TV during the summer, so I have yet to see the new footage. I'll keep an eye out for it.

#6 of 490 OFFLINE   MattJensen

MattJensen

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 05:44 AM

I caught the preview last night. It looks good. I really like this show as well.

#7 of 490 OFFLINE   Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz

Screenwriter

• 2,494 posts

Posted July 26 2006 - 12:49 AM

I love the show but I really wonder how would they be able to stretch this to season 3. Season 2 is already a big stretch!
Andres

#8 of 490 OFFLINE   seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted July 26 2006 - 01:46 AM

Quote:
Season 2 is already a big stretch!

If they were still in prison, I'd agree with you. But escaped cons on the lam is more than enough plot. The Fugitive was able to get an entire series out of the idea, and that was with only one guy on the run.
My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#9 of 490 OFFLINE   seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted July 26 2006 - 01:48 AM

Oops. Double post.
My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#10 of 490 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 10 2006 - 08:24 AM

This was posted in Ron's Prison Break DVD thread:

Quote:
Also, again without spoiling anything, I think they will have problems in Season 2, due to the fact that they unexpectedly lost a key member of the cast to another show (they forgot/chose not to, lock this person into a contract.....OOPS!)and had to recast the part of another recurring character with a different actor.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

#11 of 490 OFFLINE   Jonny P

Jonny P

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 08:33 AM

Patricia Wettig (who played the VP) will be starring in "Brothers and Sisters" this season (or whatever that new show is called with Arvin Sloane).

However, the creator of "Prison Break" said that her character really wasn't going to be a focus this season. I read that in "Entertainment Weekly" as I recall.

I don't really know anything about any other cast changes.

#12 of 490 OFFLINE   Mark Silver

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 08:45 AM

Since I posted the information in the other thread, I will now elaborate. Jonny P is right, the producers chose not to lock up Patricia Wettig to a contract. She is now going to another show and has no current plans to reappear on Prison Break.

The other recast is that of the guy who is Lincoln is supposed to have killed (I forget his name). They are using a different actor then the one they used in last year's season finale. This is not as big a deal because if memory serves, they showed his body, but not his face.

#13 of 490 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 10 2006 - 09:47 AM

I don't remember exactly where her character ended up at the end of season one, but it seems like she would at least be needed for a couple of scenes to set up the change. They could probably get her for small cameos, but I guess they figure it's not worth the hassle. I don't remember the dead guy, so that part's not a big deal. It's funny that Wettig's going to star with Rifkin, though, since they had a brief thing on Alias.

#14 of 490 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 07:06 AM

If it counts for anything, back in May was in Chicago, so I drove by the prison in Joliet. I was surprised how it was in the middle of town, rather than out in the country.

There were a bunch of cars in the lot, so I wondered if they were shooting or doing some other production-related work... just pulled in & parked like it was the mall or something. I didn't try to go in. Posted Image

#15 of 490 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 07:41 AM

Does anyone know how the season is going to play out in terms of episodes? Will they do the same thing as last year, a run of episodes, long break, then bring it back? They should let this one play out in its entirety so when it ends, 24 picks right up.

#16 of 490 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted August 13 2006 - 09:41 AM

Half in the summer, and half when 24 comes back. Prison Break and 24 paired up to end the season was a big ratings hit for Fox on Mondays. Add in Vanished (which looks very good) and we could have 3 good shows for the next 10 months on monday nights

#17 of 490 OFFLINE   Roger_R

Roger_R

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 03:26 AM

Quote:
The other recast is that of the guy who is Lincoln is supposed to have killed (I forget his name). They are using a different actor then the one they used in last year's season finale. This is not as big a deal because if memory serves, they showed his body, but not his face.
The vice president's brother? They showed his face in the season finale, and you could also see it in previous episodes, though not clearly. It's definitely noticeable if you jump straight from the season 1 finale to the season 2 premiere, if he appears in that episode.

#18 of 490 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 14 2006 - 08:03 AM

Ohh. I thought the recast was the guy who was actually killed in place of the brother. Well, if I recall correctly, the VP's brother was played by Dr. Phlox. Too bad if he's not coming back, though I hope the character's screentime remains limited in any case.

#19 of 490 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,785 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 10:25 AM

John Billingsley played the VP's brother (and Dr. Phlox on Enterprise), and will be on the new show, The Nine, this upcoming season. It looks like the show is living up to its name with so many of the "inmates" making a break for it on other shows.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#20 of 490 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted August 20 2006 - 11:14 AM

Just a reminder: the second season starts tomorrow night at 8/7c.

Forum Nav Content I Follow