What's new

Batman Begins & King Kong on HD-DVD, when? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The latest rumor I've heard is July for Batman and August for Kong, but who knows.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I thought Batman Begins was supposed to be out July 11.

- Steve

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
And Warner has been announcing between 1-2 days and 2 weeks ahead of time only. But considering Warner has already announced its 7/11 releases, I'm pretty certain we won't see Batman Begins then too. The guy doing the compression on Batman Begins posted on AVS last week, I think, that he had just turned it over to QC so there's still the whole replication and packaging process to go through. I wouldn't expect it before August.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Will Kong fit on a 30 gb disc, or are they going to split the movie up over multiple discs?

Seems like 30 gb may not be enough for a 3 hour movie.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

30 GB is more than enough for Kong. The MS people have indicated that there is plenty of space even for the 4 hour LOTR film. Perhaps fewer extras ... but no big loss for me. :)

Regards

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
When 'we' are talking about Kong fitting on one 30GB disc, is everyone talking about an EX version?
Thanks.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
These two movies will probably be the ones that will get me to buy and HD-DVD player.

I've been resisting buying one because there isn't any movies I'm willing to buy on HD-DVD, but Batman Begins and King Kong are.

So bring then out already so I can get my HD-DVD player. :)

Norm

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry, Joey!
That's just "IMO" (I just add Not So Humble, to IMO :) ).
So my Oct. "guessament", is in no way written in stone.
I'm not saying the titles are not done yet.
I have yet to see a confirmed date for either of these titles, that's why I say Oct., and I'm sticking to it! ;-)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so the kong long version was just announced for sd, what about any version for hd dvd.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Oh ya Batman Begins & King Kong will be in my HD-DVD player as soon as I is available. And that will most likely end my shopping spree on HD-DVD titles while I save up some cash for a Sony Bluray player. That is all depending on how many problems pop up and if I can justify spending $1k on the machine. But at least I will have that cash to use for something else if I change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks