Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Will any infomercial be available on DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 of 34 OFFLINE   Sami S.

Sami S.

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted June 27 2006 - 12:13 PM

I'm wondering if any company has any plan to release any infomercial on DVD. I'm especially interested having the Ab Revolutionizer one released on DVD, which was hosted by Michelle Rousseau and featured an interview of Dr. Marc Rabinoff. It was shown on Eurosport in the year 2001, 2002 or 2003.
In a way, I've searched for that infomercial for years.

Sami S.

#2 of 34 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted June 27 2006 - 01:44 PM

Paying for an infomercial on DVD....wow....I thought I had heard of them all. I don't think you'll ever see something like that released, sorry.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 34 OFFLINE   Sami S.

Sami S.

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted June 27 2006 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Lacey
Paying for an infomercial on DVD....wow....I thought I had heard of them all. I don't think you'll ever see something like that released, sorry.

Gord

Thanks for the answer. I don't think that this is particularly special. At least, to me, it isn't. That particular infomercial has a better quality of production than many movies and TV shows.

Well, at least I have expressed my wish for infomercials on DVD in here and by e-mailing various infomercial companies about that ad.

Sami S.

#4 of 34 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 27 2006 - 03:24 PM

Why pay for them when you can get them for free

#5 of 34 OFFLINE   Lenny Rakes

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 12:56 AM

How much would you pay for the complete set of The Ab Rev, $60 dollars? How about $40.00 dollars? If you act right now you can have the complete set of Ab Rev for $19.99. YES, just $19.99 but thats not all, if you ordered within the next 30 minutes, we will throw in Billys Tae Won Doe starter dvd and a Ab Rev bloopers bonus feature in for absoultely free. An $80.00 dollar value all yours for the amazing low price of $19.99!

Sorry, I could not resist.

#6 of 34 OFFLINE   Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 03:29 AM

This has to be a gag thread, right?

#7 of 34 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 03:48 AM

well yeah, I tend to gag when I see infomercials. Posted Image

#8 of 34 OFFLINE   Eric_Bee

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 03:52 AM

I actually do like one infomercial - the half-hour one for Time Life's "The Folk Years" CD set. Great music and video clips. I actually watched the whole thing once. Of course, there would be massive music rights issues for a DVD...

#9 of 34 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 03:59 AM

Suddenly I feel nostalgic for Lori Davis and Susan Powter.....
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#10 of 34 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 03:59 AM

Paying for Infomercials? It's bad enough they force everyone to watch them at all early times in the morning. This is a spamming thread.

#11 of 34 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,066 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted June 28 2006 - 08:04 AM

Wow...this may be the greatest thread in the history of HTF.

I, for one, would pay dearly for the entire set of "Amazing Discoveries" featuring Mike Levy and his assortment of mindbogglingly ugly sweaters, along with Ian the Crazy Englishman. Gallery Glass, anyone? The Juice Doctor, with special guest Jack LaLanne? Oh, the memories...

I'd also love to get my hands on the original Flowbee Haircutting System infomercial, which looked as if it was filmed in the guy's basement. And one more classic: anyone remember the Y-Bron male potency drug infomercial with Lyle Waggoner? God that was hysterical...

#12 of 34 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 11:18 AM

What about the infamous Ronco products or the Miss Cleo infomercials?

#13 of 34 OFFLINE   ethanTo

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 12:09 PM

Ok, I am with you on this one Mark, I am not ashamed to admit that there is one BEST OF... DVD I would actually purchase..

The Best of Miss Cleo

#14 of 34 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 12:25 PM

Now i might even buy a Best of Miss. Cleo.

#15 of 34 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 12:33 PM

Miss Cleo rocked, count me in

#16 of 34 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 12:40 PM

I think the only reason we don't have Miss Cleo on DVD is because no one has any idea if they would sell well or not Posted Image

#17 of 34 OFFLINE   Lenny Rakes

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHastings
I think the only reason we don't have Miss Cleo on DVD is because no one has any idea if they would sell well or not Posted Image

Maybe you could contact her thru the $3.99 per minute spiritual plane and ask her to look into the crystal ball to see if there is a DVD in the works. Also, ask her to look into the far future to see if there will ever be a second season of Happy Days.:-)

As for me, I would really like to see all the Suzzane Summers ThighMaster infomercials released on DVD with the regular commercials and a added commentary included as bonus features.

#18 of 34 OFFLINE   Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 325 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 05:59 PM

I wouldn't mind having the Lauren Hutton Face Disc infomercial and her long-gone hormone replacement therapy ad on one disc.

On a more serious note, the only way I could imagine an infomercial getting a DVD release is if someone from an infomercial became a major film or TV star and the infomercial was included as an extra on one of his or her Hollywood releases

#19 of 34 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude North
On a more serious note, the only way I could imagine an infomercial getting a DVD release is if someone from an infomercial became a major film or TV star and the infomercial was included as an extra on one of his or her Hollywood releases

Actually I think this scenerio would more likely make it so that the infomercial would never be seen again.

#20 of 34 OFFLINE   German Ramirez

German Ramirez

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted June 29 2006 - 12:32 AM

Haha, great thread. How about a 'Best Commercials of Television' DVD set? With each DVD dedicated to a different decade, disc 1 for the '50s, disc 2 for the '60s and so on. Posted Image
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

Forum Nav Content I Follow