What's new

New Pioneer 5070HD Plasma w/1080p....??? (1 Viewer)

Mike JM

Stunt Coordinator
The New Pioneer 5070HD is making the rounds. or is it 5071HD? What's the difference?

anyway. at monitor outlet.com they mention this as one of the specs:

1080p/24Hz Compatibility for HDMI and Component

What does this mean?

And: Advanced Pure Cinema with 3:3 pull down, film-based material on DVD.
How is 3:3 different from 3:2? Is it better?

Does anyone have any other info on this plasma? contrast ratio??

Mike JM

Stunt Coordinator
This model television has been for sale at Best Buy for a week now, and I can't find specs for it, let alone a single review from anyone. Maybe I'm a bad googler. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find more information?

Thanks.

Mike JM

Stunt Coordinator
Does
1080p/24Hz Compatibility for HDMI and Component
mean that it will accept 1080p signals and then downconvert them to 720p?

Or will all plasmas do that?

Any experts out there?

And why no mention of Contrast ratio? or how many billions of colors it can reproduce?

Thanks.

BruZZi

Second Unit

The "1" Models are sold exclusive at Best Buy. They are the same as the "0" Models but with a wallmount included (previous Models did).

Amit Ashar

Agent
The pioneer website has a manual for these models. Click for the search. (a direct link didn't work).

I was thinking of buying the 42" set. The picture looked really great when I saw it at Best Buy. I wish there were more (or any) reviews for it.

TicoTVA

Stunt Coordinator
I can vouch for the Pioneers. These awesome sets. I rank them above the Panasonic and Samsungs.
This is going to perform similiar to the 4360HD , but the tuner will be included. Red and Blue phophorus upgrades and improved glare proteciton are some of the new improvements.

TicoTVA
[email protected]

billybob_jcv

Stunt Coordinator
This year it appears BB is including a second, smaller remote with the 5071 instead of the wall mount. I played with one today at the local BB, and for the first time ever they had the remote available. I was able to get it off Dynamic and wow - it looked great. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see anything other than the shared HD feed. It was even on sale!

BruZZi

Second Unit
Just curious to know if Pioneer will drop their own 43" and 50" (1280x768) Plasma Panels. And how good are the 4270/1 and 5070/1 Models using the glass from NEC's PDP Plants (which were acquired by Pioneer).

Gotta go to a BB Store and check them out myself. :) :) :)

Brandon ASI

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon ASI
@ Bruzzi:

Just a little info for you; the panels that Pioneer has left over (NEC) are, and have been, installed in monitors that are only sold at Costco/ Price Club. The NEC panels are not installed in any of the typical monitors that are on the floor now, nor will they be, as those panels are 4th. and 5th. gen. This new 5070 is Pioneer's 7th. gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks