What's new

Manimal ever on DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows if the mini-series from 1983 called Manimal will ever be released on DVD?? I hope there are more people who wants it on DVD

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
It likely depends on who owns the show. If it is in the hands of one of the major studios, I doubt that it will get a release. But a smaller distributor might bring it out someday as a niche title given its decidedly quirky sci-fi appeal.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I would buy the series too! The sci-fi channel ran it several years when they had great classic sci-fi on and they WERE the "sci-fi" channel! I still have my vhs of the show and checked, it showed a fox logo at the end of the credits.

Maybe we can encourage fox to release it!

Rick P

Supporting Actor
They'll have to include the episode of "Nightman" where Jonathan Chase appeared, kinda wraps up the series...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I recently was givin a bootleg copy of this for my birthday from a friend. I'm not too sure you guys really want this. ;)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Russell G said:
I recently was givin a bootleg copy of this for my birthday from a friend. I'm not too sure you guys really want this. ;)
I for one want it!
If people can have desprate housewives or david hasselhoff and brandy on basically a new rip-off of the gong show, then I can have Manimal on dvd! :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Rick P said:
They'll have to include the episode of "Nightman" where Jonathan Chase appeared, kinda wraps up the series...
Do you mind (in spoilers) explain how they wrap the show up?
Thanks!

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I'd definitely pick Manimal up. It's one of the few shows both my father and I enjoyed watching together.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Manimal: The Complete Series, being released by Fabulous Films (this title has been mentioned on their Facebook page), is available for DVD pre-order on Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com with a UK release date of Monday 30th April (release date subject to change).

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Good news indeed. It's great to see these R2 UK guys doing some Fox titles. Maybe sometime there's also a chance for things like WKRP in Cincinnati, the rare and short-lived crime fighting series Hagen (1980) with Chad Everett and Arthur Hill or perhaps picking up The Fall Guy even.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Front cover 3D artwork for Manimal: The Complete Series (source: Play.com):

571b1bb5_28736841_500x500_1.jpeg

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The release date of Fabulous Films' DVD release of Manimal: The Complete Series has been pushed back to Monday 11th June (source: Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com).

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
from the BBFC listing of 8 episodes; http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV288033/
it doesn't seem to include the 1998 cross-over/wrap-up episode that was aired as part of Night Man as per wikipedia;
From the Manimal entry;
Night Man
Glen A. Larson, the creator, briefly resurrected the Jonathan Chase character for a crossover with his 1990s series Night Man. In that episode, Manimal's traditional, practical-effects transformation was abandoned in favor of a CGI sequence.
No. Title Airdate PC
28 "Manimal" November 9, 1998 206 - Nightman allies with Dr. Jonathan Chase, a man who knows how to transform into different animals.
From Night Man entry
Season 2 - Episode 28 206 "Manimal" November 15, 1998 Crossover with Glen Larson's Manimal. NightMan works with the shapeshifting Dr. Jonathan Chase and his daughter to put an end to the homicidal rampage of a time travelling Jack the Ripper.
I have contacted Fabulous Films to clarify

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The release date for Manimal: The Complete Series has been pushed back to Monday 30th July (source: HMV.com and Play.com). At the time of writing, Amazon UK still have the Monday 11th June release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks