What's new

Lost season 3 discussion.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have started the first two seasons discussions. So I figured I would start this off with a little humor and rememberence of our good friend Artz.

I had written to him about 6 months ago. And got the following picture back..

EricW

Senior HTF Member
maybe Artz taught Walt for while. he said he taught high school (?) but maybe that was only recently. anythings possible in the Lost universe :P

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ABC said that Season Three starts on October 4. As rumored, they will run six episodes (until November 8) in the fall, a new show will fill its timeslot for thirteen weeks, and then Lost will return on February 14 with new episodes until the end of the season.

Also according to the link below, J.J. Abrams is actually going to write and direct some episodes this year.

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&s...dlines;title;2

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Cool pic. Where did you write to him?

I want to know how anyone is going to be able to hear after that Loud humming sound on the finale.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Any word on the new cast members for the third season? I recall reading that the producers were looking for two new female lead characters. Has filiming started yet? I imagine it would have.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I just read that we will be getting 6 episodes in the fall, then we have to wait 13 weeks for the rest of the season to start.

Sux, but I guess it's better that all the reruns.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Personally, I think that is a pretty lousy way to break it up. Really lame.

Run it in one block. Run it in two or three relatively equal blocks. But breaking it up so disproportionately is a bad call.

Six episodes go by very quickly. So after the long summer hiatus of about 4 months, viewers get six episodes, just start getting back into the show, and then another 3 MONTH hiatus!?!? Excuse me? They think this is a good idea? Why the hell not just wait until January then and play the whole thing uninterrupted?!?!

This is really lame. It would be MUCH better to just wait until January and play the whole thing as one block. That would work best for this show. The way they are breaking it up seems, well, retarded.

If they want to break it into blocks, I'd prefer three blocks. Start the season a little later, like late October then run it until right before Christmas (getting in two full months/8 episodes of show). Then go off for January and come back in February for another two full months/8 eps. Then off for two weeks in April, and back mid April through May for the final six. So, once the show starts in late October, we only have about seven weeks of no show or reruns (one week in December, all of January, and two weeks in April). Or some other simialr break down. But you get the idea. Three significant blocks with two relatively short hiatuses inbetween them.

Based on what they have apparently decided to do instead, I may actually just record these "straggler six episodes" and start watching them in January before the rest of the show starts.

Phooey!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Because ABC is a business and they want the boost for the November sweeps. I'd much rather get six episodes in the fall than nothing. And since they know their schedule, they'll be able to make sure that the 'cliffhanger' of episode 6 will be sweet.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am with Sean on this. One block, or at least proportionate blocks. As it is, it's like foreplay today, intercourse tomorrow, and blue balls in between...

--
H

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Yes, and the three block suggestion of mine gives them new episodes through ALL of November, February, and May. Their schedule doesn't even give them all of February (starting back Feb 14) or all of November (stopping on the 8th).

If I've waited 4 months through the summer, I'm already out of the need to see the show each week. As much as I love the show, going four months without watching it puts in on the back burner for "needing" the story to continue. At that point, I can wait another 3 months. (This is assuming I haven't watched season 2 on DVD in September). But once it's back I'd prefer it to be back. The way they are doing it, they'll get me back to wanting/needing to follow the story again and then kick me in the nuts with another 3 month hiatus.

I'll see how I feel this Fall, but I'm so tempted to record these six and watch them with the rest of the show. But I don't know if I'll be able to resist.

Plenty of people here at HTF kinda of did that with season 2 already (recording and watching in blocks). I don't know if I have the will power, but I'll have to see.

Maybe I'll wait until Thanksgiving to get season 2 on DVD. Then I can watch it through Nov and Dec, and in January I can watch the first six of Season 3. Then it will be "live" new show all through May.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, if these first six are designed to follow a six-part arc, more or less, then it is much more acceptable.

Still, getting back into the "LOST spirit" and then having to go without for another three months doesn't sit very well. But after hearing this, I'm probably more likely to cave and watch them when aired.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That's better. Although for my own selfish purposes, I do wish they would return in January, that, along with 24, would make that most horrid of months a bit more bearable.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks