-

Photo
- - - - -

Tales From the Darkside

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

#41 of 142 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,609 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMcKinney
One of my personal favourites: A Case of the Stubborns, about a corpse who refuses to believe that he's dead. Played for laughs, and also features a pre-STNG Brent Spiner.
Oddly enough, that was the first episode I had ever seen(87?) and it is still the most memorable.

Another scary one: A young lady travels by train, and everytime the train goes through a tunnel the passengers turn to skeletons, and corpses. In the end she finds she is stuck on the train forever. That one was really atmospheric, and just way scarier than a tv show needs to be!

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#42 of 142 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,723 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted February 18 2008 - 11:29 PM

Twilight Zone had an awesome train episode. A Stop at Willoughby. Even Ray Bradbury Theater's train episode was good. The one with Jeff Goldblum.
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#43 of 142 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 12:21 AM

Willoughby, was a good episode, but it wasnt scary. How about ghost train from amazing stories ??? That wasnt scary either, but still a fun episode.
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#44 of 142 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,723 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Zannikos
Willoughby, was a good episode, but it wasnt scary. How about ghost train from amazing stories ??? That wasnt scary either, but still a fun episode.
I'm sure I saw that amazong stories but I don't remember it. It's been so long. Now, Willoughby did creep me out for some reason.
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#45 of 142 Daniel-C

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted March 19 2008 - 06:20 AM

Since I got no word from Paramount, I wrote a letter to CBS Home Entertainment to ask them to consider bringing Tales From the Darkside to DVD.

#46 of 142 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,069 posts

Posted March 19 2008 - 06:24 AM

^Although Paramount owns the syndication rights to the show (through Worldvision) there is no evidence to even remotely indicate that they own the video rights.

#47 of 142 Daniel-C

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted March 19 2008 - 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dalek
^Although Paramount owns the syndication rights to the show (through Worldvision) there is no evidence to even remotely indicate that they own the video rights.

I found out the distributors from IMDB:

Image Entertainment (videodiscs)
Paramount Television
LBS Communications (bankrupt in 1992)
Worldvision Enterprises (once owned by Aaron Spelling)
Thriller Video (never heard of them)

Production Companies:

Laurel Entertainment
Tribune Entertainment (now defunct)

#48 of 142 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,927 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted March 20 2008 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-C
Thriller Video (never heard of them)

They're the ones who put out the 3-episode VHS volumes back in the late '80s/early '90s. These VHSes had interesting painted artwork covers that kind of reminded me of the old EC comics. I guess Tales from the Crypt was probably on HBO when these came out and they were likely trying to capture the same market. These were SP (or maybe LP) mode tapes, and were sold cheaply at discount stores at the time. I remember finding three different volumes at a Roses store when I was at university.

If I remember right (don't have the tapes in front of me), "Thriller Video" was a sub-label of I.V.E.

#49 of 142 Daniel-C

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 09:11 AM

I got a letter from CBS concerning Tales From the Darkside, and they told me that they are contemplating a potential release on DVD, likely to be later this year or in 2009.

Just in time for the 25th anniversary.

#50 of 142 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 12:46 AM

When they do release it, they better include the creepy voiceover narration, because some tv versions have just the music, no narrator.No creepy voiceover = no sale.

#51 of 142 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,218 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 04:13 AM

Quote:
When they do release it, they better include the creepy voiceover narration

What I'd like to see, which I'm sure would not be included are the commercial bumpers. I remember them having a creepy sound to them.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#52 of 142 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,723 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 04:19 AM

I'll have no problem slamming down my money for this. Someone made me a copy of some they recorded and I've really been having a ball watching these again. But an official release would be an awesome upgrade.

I do agree that completeness is important. We need the voiceover and everything else available placed on the DVDs please. Hopefully they will do the followup show as well. Wasn't it called Monsters?

#53 of 142 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,927 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted April 04 2008 - 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman970
I'll have no problem slamming down my money for this. Someone made me a copy of some they recorded and I've really been having a ball watching these again. But an official release would be an awesome upgrade.

I do agree that completeness is important. We need the voiceover and everything else available placed on the DVDs please. Hopefully they will do the followup show as well. Wasn't it called Monsters?

Not sure if Monsters started after Darkside went out of production or if they ran concurrently, though I do think that both shows were produced by the same company. I do recall Monsters seeming to be much more light-hearted and took itself less seriously.

Only episode I recall ever seeing is the episode "Pillow Talk" with a bed "eating" a hot blonde clad only in her white lingerie.

#54 of 142 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,723 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMcKinney
Not sure if Monsters started after Darkside went out of production or if they ran concurrently, though I do think that both shows were produced by the same company. I do recall Monsters seeming to be much more light-hearted and took itself less seriously.

Only episode I recall ever seeing is the episode "Pillow Talk" with a bed "eating" a hot blonde clad only in her white lingerie.
I most definitely did not see that episode. You just don't forget that kind of thing, do ya?

I don't even think I've seen a single episode of Monsters, only heard about it.

#55 of 142 Daniel-C

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted April 04 2008 - 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Zannikos
When they do release it, they better include the creepy voiceover narration, because some tv versions have just the music, no narrator.No creepy voiceover = no sale.

I think they'll do that. I would like to see interviews with Paul Sparer and George A. Romero. The first season will have to contain 24 episodes including "Trick or Treat " (the pilot episode).

#56 of 142 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted September 06 2008 - 12:11 AM

Still no word on a season 1 dvd yet ???????

#57 of 142 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted September 06 2008 - 12:18 AM

am waiting for this one too

#58 of 142 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,723 posts

Posted September 06 2008 - 01:58 AM

*continues tapping fingers*

A friend recorded these for me so I can at least watch them. They are great! I want an official set really really soon!!

#59 of 142 Daniel-C

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted September 06 2008 - 04:01 AM

All I know was from the letter when they say they're comtemplating on a season 1 release. Sometime around next year. And with Friday the 13th: The Series coming out, they need to make some strong sales to make it happen.

#60 of 142 Daniel-C

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 03:51 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, its finally here!

Tales from the Darkside DVD news: Announcement for Tales from the Darkside - The 1st Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow