What's new

Tales From the Darkside (1 Viewer)

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if Paramount will have any plans to bring the classic 80s anthology series Tales From the Darkside to DVD.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Tales from the Darkside was an OK show, but I'd hardly call it a classic. :)
Even worse was the equally low-budget "spinoff" series Monsters.

I'd rather see more Tales from the Crypt instead.

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
I'd rather not see someone crapping someone else's thread only hours after they open it. Personally I enjoyed Tales from the Darkside very much and would love to see it come out on DVD. I have some of the VHS tapes which were released of this series and have enjoyed watching them on occasion, but I'd like to have more episodes and better video quality than is found on the VHS. Here's a big YES vote for Tales from the Darkside!

Dan

Jeff#

Screenwriter
No comments or opinions posted will affect the chances of a DVD release. That being said, regarding Daniel-C and Dan-P I guess those Dans have to stick together. I do apologize for the double post though. :)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Or perhaps a better idea might be to stop being a thread-crapper. If people want to read the synopsis of shows that are written in the various television encyclopedias they can look them up themselves. They don't need someone to regurgitate them for them. There's lots of shows that I think stink but while I may take swipes at them in posts on other shows that I do care about, I don't feel the constant need to go looking for threads on those shows to attack.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
For the record, I for one happen to really like both Tales from the Darkside AND Monsters much better than Tales From the Crypt, and would happily buy both of them on DVD if they were released. The only appeal that Tales From the Crypt ever had going for it (in my opinion), was higher production values and bigger named actors/directors. The stories on TFTC were more derivative and far inferior to those from TFTDS and Monsters, which were (again IMHO) much more fun/clever, albeit made on a tighter budget.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I loved TFTD! Despite its low budget origins, some of the stories were top notch (there was one in particular that haunts me to this day: a hard-boiled noir thing with a mannequin who may or may not be alive). I'd definitely be interested in seeing this series get the DVD treatment.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The best idea would be for Michael Alden to stop picking fights with me, simply because I politely and occasionally opine my dislike for certain TV series. If you want to put down a TV show that you think stinks in another topic, Mike, feel free. But try to be civil about it as I was here. :)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
My reaction to both Tales From the Darkside and Monsters were simple. Either the show was great or or it was bad. There was no in-between. There are enogh good episodes for me to want it on dvd.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

The point is that you don't "occasionally" opine. You increasingly seem to feel the need to toss in off-topic personal reviews of shows that are simply being noted or requested by other posters. Jeff#'s "critic's corner" has long since worn out its welcome. Plonk.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Comments on a TV show -- positive or negative never goes out of style, Jeff. As I've told Alden, if you don't like what I say, then I suggest you don't read my posts. :)

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator
With the Sci Fi Channel picking up the rights to Tales From the Darkside, I predict within a years time, we'll get the DVDs.

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount still owns it. Sci Fi Channel is going to air the series later this year. They have done that before.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Thats my thoughts on both of those shows too. I really loved a lot of them, and i really hated a number of them as well. But id buy both shows for a fair price.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
I would LOVE to have this series on DVD. TFTDS was my absolute favorite show growing up. My parents actually used to let me stay up past my bedtime to watch it on Friday (or was it Saturday?) nights. Great nostalgic value, if nothing else... :)

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator
Recently, TFTDS has been on the Daytime rotation on SCI-FI channel airing from 8-4. They'll have another one later this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks