What's new

My Favorite Martian - season 3 has a Bonus Disc (1 Viewer)

JoyceHH

Auditioning
Great news to hear about RHINO including a bonus disc of material with the My Favorite Martian season 3 set! It would explain the delay in issuing the third season—perhaps they were gathering material for the extra disc.

I remember seeing CBS promos for the show in its first season, and they also did cast commercials for Kellogg’s cereal. Hopefully RHINO has found this type of lost footage. Perhaps they have done interviews with guest stars or with people who worked behind the scenes; for instance, directors, writers, film editors, special effects people, etc…Material like that would indeed make it worth the wait for MFM’s season 3 on dvd!

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
I will buy this in a heartbeat! It is one of the few shows that I want every season of.

A bonus disc would be so cool. I was trying to think about guest stars who could be interviewed and all I could come up with was Marlo Thomas, Gavin McLeod, Linda Evans, Butch Patrick, Yvonne Craig, Henry Gibson, Arlene Martel and I think Bernie Kopell.

Isn't there a video archive company somewhere that might have archival interviews of Bixby & Walston either at the time of MFM or afterwards??? CBS used to have tv specials that would highlight the upcoming fall season- surely they could find the special that announced the debut of Martian???

The MFM Kelloggs commercials would be a spectacular find and not out of the realm of possiblity since Rhino had Kelloggs promos on their Monkees sets.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I enjoyed My Favorite Martian in reruns when I was a kid, but I wouldn't collect it. I think the reason it didn't make beyond the third season wasn't so much due to lower ratings, but because the writers ran out of original ideas. The sitcom certainly looked better in color (as any series did), but once MFM did the inevitable time-travel and main-character-is-shrunk episodes that all fantasy and sci-fi oriented programs do at some point, they had "Jumped the shark".

JoyceHH

Auditioning
I think that the selling point is the Bonus Disc—anything that offers fans a glimpse of behind the scenes or a look at tv promos or interviews from the 1960s would generate great interest. Both new and past generations of fans enjoy a glimpse back at popular TV series–look at how well the crop of various network TV series 20 year reunion specials have done in the past decade. Having a bonus disc of extra features for My Favorite Martian would be welcome by viewers.

JoyceHH

Auditioning
There are many good reasons for including extra features like the unaired pilot and cast commercials on My Favorite Martian’s season 3 set. Having a bonus disc guarantees publicity and more reviews of the season 3 dvd in both mainstream magazines (for example,Entertainment Weekly & TV GUIDE) as well as sci-fi publications (Starlog, Sci Fi Channel). Other TV shows like Hogan’s Heroes, The Odd Couple and the Adventures of Superman include similar bonus material, like the unaired pilot, commercials, interviews and gag reels and fans really appreciate these types of extras. In the case of My Favorite Martian, being a sci-fi/fantasy series, there is an added interest among fans in the technical aspects of filming a such a series. RHINO has everything to gain by releasing My Favorite Martian’s season 3 with bonus material.

JoyceHH

Auditioning
According to the posts on the sitcomsonline message board: (TV series on DVD & Discussion: Thread: My Living Doll & My Favorite Martian), Jack Chertok Productions now has rare behind the scenes color home movie footage from season 3 of My Favorite Martian. On page 3 & 4 of the thread they have posted 3 stills from the footage and it looks great!

According to the posts, RHINO can use the footage on a bonus disc for the My Favorite Martian season 3 dvd set, if they want. Fans are encouraged to let RHINO know if they should include the home movie on a bonus disc.

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
bonus home movie footage sounds cool to me! I wish Rhino would release this since it looks priceless.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Extras or not, I just wish Rhino would get its act together and release the darn last season so that I can complete my collection of this show.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

JoyceHH

Auditioning
Here is the latest news about My Favorite Martian’s season three dvd:

According to the posts from a representative of MFM on the sitcomsonline message board: (TV series on DVD & Discussion: Thread: My Living Doll & My Favorite Martian) RHINO is still delaying season 3's release.

Despite having access to My Favorite Martian’s unaired pilot, 20 minutes of home movie footage with commentary from season 3, cast commercials and more, RHINO still has no plans to release season 3 and its bonus disc this year.

Again, it was suggested that those would like to see this material should contact RHINO home video through the RHINO website. (email “Dr.Rhino”).

JeffT.

Screenwriter
Thanks for the alert Joyce.

I'll be sure to contact Dr. Rhino via e-mail immediately and express my (enthusiastic) interest in having the final season of MY FAVOURITE MARTIAN made available on DVD.

It would also be great if the unaired pilot of "My Favourite Martian" were included in the package as well.

Jeff T.

JoyceHH

Auditioning
Yes, it is my understanding that the unaired pilot would be part of the bonus disc. Also, that the cast commercials would be from all 3 seasons.

People have been requesting MFM season 3 since May 2005, when the 2nd season was released. The market interest for season 3 exists and every effort to assure RHINO that this is still the case is very helpful.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
It would be great to have a bonus disc. I hope that S3 comes out soon.

We also have Bill Bixby on Season 1 of Hulk now. When are we going to see "Courtship of Eddie's Father"?

JeffT.

Screenwriter
This discussion thread has been dormant for way too long.

Will we see the third season (1965-66) of MY FAVOURITE MARTIAN finally made available on DVD some time this year?!

I did my part and contacted the good Dr. Rhino (?) but he didn't acknowledge my request.

Anyway I sure hope so!

Jeff T.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
JeffT. said:
This discussion thread has been dormant for way too long.
Will we see the third season (1965-66) of MY FAVOURITE MARTIAN finally made available on DVD some time this year?!
I did my part and contacted the good Dr. Rhino (?) but he didn't acknowledge my request.
Anyway I sure hope so!
Jeff T.
Jeez, count me in as another one who is awaiting the third and final season when it appeared that we were close to be able to collect the whole series in 2005, and then the release got pulled for whatever reason. Come on, Rhino, release the set already! :frowning:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
There was a guy on another discussion board that claimed to have solid inside info. I believe he was telling the truth, but who knows for sure. Anyhow, he said Rhino pulled the plug on this release after sitting on the fence with it for quite some time. So it looks like this will be another no-show in the classics department.
Gary "just chalk this up as another in what is becoming a long line of abandoned follow-ups" O.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Gary OS said:
There was a guy on another discussion board that claimed to have solid inside info. I believe he was telling the truth, but who knows for sure. Anyhow, he said Rhino pulled the plug on this release after sitting on the fence with it for quite some time. So it looks like this will be another no-show in the classics department.
Gary "just chalk this up as another in what is becoming a long line of abandoned follow-ups" O.
Well, I hope that person's wrong. One more darned season. Come on, Rhino! Did the first two sets not sell well, or what?

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I remember I had no problem finding Season 1 anywhere. Season 2 was a different story as no store here carried and I had to go to ebay to get it. I remember saying that it'll be hard to sell if no one can find it, which could hurt the last season's release. I hope that's not what happened.

Jeez Rhino, release it already.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget the last season is the only one in color . This would help it get into Wal-Mart and Target. Would properly sell better than the 1st two seasons.

JoyceHH

Auditioning
Here is the latest news:

RHINO is out of the picture. As they were not interested in continuing to release additional My Favorite Martian material, Jack Chertok Productions took their business elsewhere.

So now,My Favorite Martian season 3 dvd (with lots of bonus material) has just been released by Umbrella Entertainment. It can be ordered on their website and it is in a NTSC region 1 format.

The bonus material includes the unaired pilot, crew commentaries and behind the scenes home movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks