-

Photo
- - - - -

Sony KD-34XBR970, any reviews?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 02:29 PM

I'm considering buying this HDTV in a week or two. But I'm having trouble finding any reviews for it. Most reviews are for the older xbr960. Is the 970 just too new, or are there some serious PQ issues with this new model?
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted June 26 2006 - 04:11 AM

Garrett, the new TV is not a bad set, it is the same set as last years non-XBR model (HS510 but with an XBR name on it. The XBR910 and 960 had the Super Fine Pitch tube that gave the set incredible resolution. Sales were slow and Sony now only makes the non-superfine pitch tube and slap on the XBR name.

Many people on the XBR sites were pissed that Sony would do this but at least they dropped the price of the new set to the same price as the old HS510 set. A fine set for the money, but if you could fine an XBR960 laying around somewhere it will kill the 970.