What's new

For something different: Commercials you actually like! (1 Viewer)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I was reading through the commercials that irritate you thread, and thought perhaps there should be a counterpart.
Hmmm. commercials I like. I like a few actually (I watch a lot of TV, so I see alot.) I used to love those "not going anywhere for a while" Snickers ads, especially the one with the crazy guy with the magazine of a panda (the "pretty pretty dancing!" one - anybody else remember that one?).
These days I like the new Ford commerical with Taylor Hicks (because I love me some Taylor), and the Citibank ads about idenity theft, which are funny AND educational! Another one I saw recently that i thought was really interesting was the new Land Rover LR3 commercial where a Land Rover uses its GPS system to guide an airplane - I thought that was really cool because it was so unique, I can't think of anything attempting a stunt like that before - it was real! (I even googled and found a clip of how they did it, a little: http://www.vimeo.com/clip:73729)
What do you guys think is a good commercial? Or makes a good commercial - instead of one you want to scream everytime you see it?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The Citibank ads are probably the best commercials this side of the 1984 Macintosh Ad (the gold standard). The Trunk Monkey ads run a close second.
I thought the Wes Anderson ad was idiotic, but that's just mho.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's not effective, because I don't remember the car in question, but I like the "silly little fairy" car ad. The one with the cute characters is kind of annoying, though I did find myself picking up the "it scares the *bleep* out of me!" line.
I like the TGIFriday's ad where the guys are grunting out the foods they have.
"Beeeeeeeef!"
"Ribbbbbbbbbs!"
"Pooooooork!"
"VEGETABLE MEDLEY! (awkward silence) Sausage!"
They often edit it down to where he goes straight to "sausage!" Sucks.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
My favorite commercial remains the Volkswagon Cabriolet commercial using Nick Drake's "Pink Moon." Sweet, melancholy and evocative, and barely about the car.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I hated the Wes Anderson American Express ad, and didn't care for the M. Night one, but the Tiger Woods one reminds me of a good Nike ad about him and his father that aired on Fathers' Day.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
She was mentioned in the annoying commercials thread. As a commercial somebody liked. :crazy:
Milan_wagner.jpg

She's the co-star of the new Blade TV series.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Thi, that picture you posted...it reminds me of the Tomboy girl you knew as a kid, but when she grew up, she got 'hot' - there's definitely an 'approachable' beauty to her.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Reminds me of Cameron Diaz.

(I never saw the commercial, so maybe it's just this one photo.)

Cees

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I normally mute or turn off commercials, but I will say I do enjoy this one particular ad for an insurance company ( can't think of which)...

Guy bends down to pick up a stuffed animal that a young child sitting in a stroller drops. Next we see the women who was pushing the stroller move a coffee cup away from the edge of the table for some guy. Someone from the coffee shop notices and then does another random act of kindness in turn. This whole commercial is one continueous RAOK until at the end they show the guy from the original RAOK pushing his young child in a stroller and another passerby bends down to pick up a toy the child drops.

It's just a nice commercial.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Lucia, I like that commercial, too.

Thi, that picture you posted...it reminds me of the Tomboy girl you knew as a kid, but when she grew up, she got 'hot' - there's definitely an 'approachable' beauty to her.
In that FHM interview, she says she thought she was a boy until 12.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks