What's new

1970's tv show Family (1 Viewer)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I was watching the previews on the king of queens season 5 dvd set that I just purchased and there is about a 2 or 3 second snipet of kristy mcnichol in a scene.right after a party of 5 scene and then a few seconds later pops up a list of shows coming to dvd and family is listed there.other shows listed on this preview but not releaesd are one day at a time maude and the addams family I remember watching family growing up and loved this show. this would be a great surprise if this comes to dvd.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'd definitely buy FAMILY. I used to love watching it, both first run and then in syndication. I haven't seen it since the early 80's.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
Whats funny is sony has released some shows from the past that have been rerely seen in a long time.such as here comes the brides.gidget and thats my mama.so this would not be a surprise if this was releaesd.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Count me in for "Family". It's been on my list. I hope Sony follows through with the release clips and it really gets released. I remember another clip (Universal's stuff) and my #1 "waiting for" show was on that clip in Oct '04 and I'm still waiting, although that show is held up (in R1) by rights/clearance issues.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry. I should have mentioned where I saw the release info.It was over at videoeta.com in there september release section.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Wow - didn't think I'd end up hearing this show as coming up for release. Haven't seen it since the 70s. I wouldn't mind renting it again, but I probably won't buy it.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Bill>Moore said:
Wow - didn't think I'd end up hearing this show as coming up for release. Haven't seen it since the 70s. I wouldn't mind renting it again, but I probably won't buy it.
You must be friends with Jeff# :)
I'm curious how they would do this since the show was a spring tryout with only 6 episodes and Elayne Heilveil as the older sister, not Meredith Baxter. Maybe combine it into one release like they did the first 3 seasons of Facts of Life. However, from looking at other things on that videoeta site that are dubious, I'll hold my joy until tvshowsondvd posts something.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I'd buy Family on dvd! I remember watching it every week and wanting to marry Kristy. :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I don't remember this one that well. I have a vague memory of a young meredith baxter in her room in bikini but not positive it was this show. I probably will pick it up though if it is released. It might be a good option to watch till eight is enough comes out.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
If this happens it will make my YEAR!!! This is one of the shows I've been clamoring for and thought I'd never see.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I guess it definately is coming.. From SitcomsOnline today:

Sony Pictures Home Enterainment will release two shows starring Meredith Baxter on Sept. 5. The one year wonder Bridget Loves Bernie. The sitcom starred Meredith Baxter, David Birney and Audra Lindley. Also, they will release the first two seasons of the family drama Family, which of course was produced by Aaron Spelling. Full details will be out on TVShowsonDVD.com on Monday when Sony officially announces it.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Michael Alden said:
Really? So, why don't you name the other quality shows, if you can? And, if so, please also post your definition of quality.
well, if you're looking for high sophisticated art, you'll look down on Melrose Place and Charlie's Angels... if you're looking for a fun way to spend 45 minutes, you'd enjoy those two shows. Much like the aforementioned Buffy and Alias, just because a show isn't to YOUR liking doesn't mean it's not good. Melrose and CA are both great shows for what they are.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Really? So, why don't you name the other quality shows...
Don't think I'll play your game. You were the one engaging in reckless hyperbole.
Aaron's half century career included Playhouse 90, Studio 57 and many other programs that you're probably too young to recall.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
One of my favorites from elementary school years...not many people remember this, it seems.

My favorite was the episode where Buddy's (kristy mcnichol) boyfriend..played by Leif Garret...wants her to have sex with him, "Buddy...a man has needs"...i believe that is how the line went.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
It's official. Gord just posted it at TSoD. Yeahhhhh
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5927

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks