Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Addams Family on DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Jack Platt

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted June 19 2006 - 08:29 AM

Guys,

When can we expect this on DVD in the United States? Is it true that their was a U.K DVD produced? Who owns the home video rights to this series? Please post any updates. Thanks!

Jack

#2 of 7 Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted June 22 2006 - 01:08 AM

I just read some updated DVD news on the Unofficial Addams Family website at www.addamsfamily.com that the Addams Family TV show has been planned for an October DVD release. Maybe even on Halloween October 31st, which is a Tuesday this year.

#3 of 7 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 977 posts

Posted August 03 2006 - 04:22 AM

The Addams Family website updated their DVD info this week with the following:

The OFFICIAL DVD release is scheduled for October 24th.

Just in time for Halloween, October 31st is a Tuesday, the day when DVDs get released.

The official worldwide release date is scheduled for October 24th. Metro Goldwyn Mayer producing the DVD set and 20th Century Fox is the distributor. Fox is also the producer of the "Special Features" DVD which will be included in the collection. The content of the "Special Features" disc has not been revealed I expect that it may contain some of the material previously released on the Criterion LaserDisc. That included cast interviews, and behind the scenes footage. I doubt that there will be anything from the animated series or the movies. There may be something of the "New Addams Family" which Fox produced for the then Fox Family Channel, which is now owned by Disney/ABC.

The October 24th date is the projected date of release, it may change due to unforeseen circumstances. Grandmama may be able to see into the future, but I can't.

Sounds like it's going to be really cool! I can't wait!

#4 of 7 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,381 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted August 03 2006 - 04:37 AM

Cool. Been waiting for this one a long time. I'll get the Posted Image going when I see it at TSoD.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#5 of 7 Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted August 03 2006 - 05:34 AM

Maybe I'm thick but 2 different release dates?

"The OFFICIAL DVD release is scheduled for October 24th.

Just in time for Halloween, October 31st is a Tuesday, the day when DVDs get released."

#6 of 7 Pavan_P

Pavan_P

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted August 03 2006 - 05:44 AM

Interesting, so I guess Sony won't be doing it now. They had trailers and everything before for it. I guess with MGM stuff going to Fox, that this was included, too.

#7 of 7 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 977 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 08:35 AM

www.addamsfamily.com updated their info about the DVD with the following info:

"The Addams Family TV Series will be released in 3 volumes.
The first volume will contain 20-22 episodes and a bonus disc.
Look for Volume 1 to be release Tuesday, October 24th."

I suppose it's good that they are doing volumes as that will allow for more space on the discs so that the episodes won't have to be compressed as much.