Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Baywatch Announced

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
118 replies to this topic

#101 of 119 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 01:46 PM

I got the R2 UK version, and it appears that the music is intact. They use Bruce Hornsby's "The Show Goes On" in the opening episode. Since that is probably the most expensive song, I would guess the rest is the same. That and "Something So Strong" (from episode 5 which is also included) are the only songs I remember.

And not having seen it in a few years, I have to say, I now remember why I stopped watching when Pamela Anderson joined the show. While Pam had her fans, Erika Eleniak makes you say "Pam who?"

#102 of 119 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 08:05 AM

You guys understand the deal with the Season 3 set? They put some of the Season 3 episodes on the Network disk so now it's impossible to separate the disk from the set ... what the living heck is Fremantle thinking? Now you can't separate the disk for the mail in box offer ...

#103 of 119 OFFLINE   jra166

jra166

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted April 11 2007 - 08:49 AM

Has anybody reviewed the Australian releases of Season's 1 and 2? They are available from Ezydvd. They appear to have all the episodes, but I am wondering about the music. Thanks.

#104 of 119 OFFLINE   Demis G

Demis G

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted April 11 2007 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Martin
I got the R2 UK version, and it appears that the music is intact. They use Bruce Hornsby's "The Show Goes On" in the opening episode. Since that is probably the most expensive song, I would guess the rest is the same. That and "Something So Strong" (from episode 5 which is also included) are the only songs I remember.

Not to mention that the R2 releases go by Season properly as they are supposed to and not starting with Season 2 (renamed season1) like R1 did..
If you want them complete and IN ORDER then R2 is the way to go!
Dunno about Australian R4..

#105 of 119 OFFLINE   BrandonJF

BrandonJF

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted April 13 2007 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra166
Has anybody reviewed the Australian releases of Season's 1 and 2? They are available from Ezydvd. They appear to have all the episodes, but I am wondering about the music. Thanks.

I can't believe there seems to be zero info as to the music situation with the Austrailian releases... they have no region coding, contain all the episodes... cost about $35... if they had the original music, First Look can just forget about dishing out any more of their cap.

I might order season 2 (I got the UK season 1 set, but may get the Australian version if they had the original music over the main titles) just to be the guinea pig....

UPDATE for anyone interested - I contacted the company distributing Baywatch in Australia (Force Entertainment) and they confirmed that music has been replaced in the masters they were provided. I have no idea if they are essentially the same as the US releass, with the exception that they were able to include every episode....

#106 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted April 14 2011 - 10:44 AM

Network DVD released the second and third seasons of Baywatch in October 2010, after a very long wait since the first season was released on DVD in the UK (I'm assuming this was down to clearing music issues). I'm hoping we won't have to wait another four years for Seasons 4 & 5.

The not so good picture quality being discussed earlier in the Baywatch: The Complete Fourth Season thread...is this referring to the Region 1 sets, because I was wondering what the picture/print quality is like for the German DVD season sets?

I emailed Network a few months ago about the change of the theme tune in the Season 1 set, from Save Me by Peter Cetera to the Kim Carnes track (is this track available to download? I think it's called Above the Waterline). They replied saying that I was getting confused about the different theme tune, because the Peter Cetera track was used on the original airings, but when it was repeated the Kim Carnes track replaced it (was this just in the UK on ITV, or was it also in the US? The first season originally aired in the US on NBC).

The instrumental track over Season 1's end credits was intact though (who recorded this track?). The theme tune from the second season onwards is intact in the second and third season DVD sets from Network, and David Hasselholf's song over the end credits is intact as well.

Spin-off Baywatch Nights was partly shown on ITV, late at night around 11-11.30 pm. They only showed the first few episodes of the first season before it was dropped. I'm hoping this gets a DVD release someday.

#107 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted May 23 2011 - 11:08 AM

I checked Amazon UK last week for Baywatch Nights (hoping Network DVD release it when they eventually get to Season 6 of Baywatch), and found two listings for the show. A DVD label called Kinowelt has released both seasons of Baywatch Nights. Are these legit DVD sets?

#108 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted June 02 2011 - 09:42 AM

It took four years between Network DVD's release of Season 1 and Seasons 2 & 3 (music clearance issues?). Whilst checking Play.com's DVD pre-order section last week I spotted a listing for the fourth season of Baywatch. Play.com have a release date of Monday 25th July, 2011. HMV.com have a release date though of Monday 27th June, 2011.

#109 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 09:08 AM

The BBFC yesterday passed 12 of the fourth season's 22 episodes. The 10 episodes not included (which include three two-parters) were already passed in 1995. A UK release date was on the BBFC listing page, of Monday 25th July, 2011.

#110 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted June 21 2011 - 08:58 AM

TV.com's episode guide for Baywatch has a list of some or all of the music tracks in episodes (I've only looked at some of the episodes from Seasons 2-4).

What was the Baywatch Summerfest Special? ITV may have showed this back in the early 90's, but I can't remember if it was a concert special or a documentary.

#111 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted June 27 2011 - 08:17 AM

Emailed Network last week about their Baywatch: The Complete Season Four set, and Baywatch Nights:

Are Network using VHS masters for some of the fourth season of Baywatch (released on 25th July)?The BBFC recently passed 12 of the 22 episodes. The other 10 were previously passed back in 1995.

I am hoping Baywatch Nights will be released when Network get to Season 6 of Baywatch, as 8 of the first 9 episodes of Baywatch Nights's first season were passed by the BBFC back in 1996 and 1997.

Their reply:

Thank you for your email.

We are using materials licensed to us by Granada , we have no involvement in the earlier, VHS release. Network will always aim to release on the highest quality masters available and hope that you enjoy our release in July.

We have nothing currently scheduled for Baywatch Nights but keep an eye on the website for forthcoming updates.

#112 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted July 30 2011 - 02:23 AM

Checked Amazon UK yesterday for possible future season sets of Baywatch from Network, and they have a pre-order listing up for Baywatch: The Complete Season Five, while HMV and Play.com don't have a DVD pre-order listing up yet. The UK release date is Monday 31st October, 2011 (front cover artwiork is also on Amazon UK's listing page for the title).

#113 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted August 11 2011 - 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus ../../../..

The Three Seasons of Babewatch - Oops! I mean Baywatch ../../../../img/vbsmilies/htf//laugh.gif that were released in the US were actually seasons 2 to 4, plus a few seasons from NBCs Season. It was planned for each release of the syndicated seasons to have a few more episodes from the NBC Season, so by the time they got to the tenth set, you'd have all the episodes from the NBC Season. (One of the sets I bought actually had an offer for a DVD Tray with ten spaces, one for each set. - I wonder how many of them were sold, holding but three sets. ../../../../img/vbsmilies/htf//frown.gif ).Unfortunately the series got "Abandoned". The original theme was replaced due to a "Music Rights" Snafu. ../../../../img/vbsmilies/htf//furious.gif The only Country the Complete Series was released in was Germany, and this is where most of the "Alternate" Sets bouncing around come from. Those sets still have the original theme intact! ../../../../img/vbsmilies/htf//rolleyes.gif

NOTE: Quoted post is post #54 in the Top-Rated, Nearly Forgotten DRAMAS! thread in the TV on DVD folder.

Haha, Babewatch! Posted Image

Seems strange releasing the NBC season (Season 1) like that, the plan being to spread the episodes over season sets.

Now, about the theme tune in the NBC season, see post #106). In Network's first season DVD set (the NBC season), Kim Carnes' track (Above the Waterline?) is played over the main cast title sequence, but the instrumental track played over the end credits is intact. Their releases of Seasons 2 and 3 have the original theme song, I'll Be Ready, and the David Hasselholf track Current of Love is played over the end credits.

#114 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted September 09 2011 - 07:39 AM

An update on the UK DVD release of Baywatch: The Complete Series Five - the release date has been pushed back two weeks to Monday 31st October.

EDIT: The BBFC passed the fifth season today, giving the set a '12' certificate, with a release date of Monday 10th October.

#115 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted October 19 2011 - 11:05 AM

The sixth season of Baywatch is available for DVD pre-order on Amazon UK, with a release date of Monday 5th March, 2012.

EDIT: The release date has been pushed back to Monday 2nd April, 2012.

#116 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted November 13 2011 - 04:53 AM

Question about the song played over the end credits of Baywatch from the fifth season onwards - was Current of Love (sung by David Hasselholf) gradually phased out and replaced by I Believe (sung by David Hasselholf and Laura Branigan), and used for the rest of the Malibu Beach era of the show (up to and including Season 9)?

#117 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted December 14 2011 - 09:56 AM

Thought this was a mis-print, but Baywatch: The Complete Series Six currently has a DVD pre-order price of £18.70 on Amazon UK.

#118 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 11:47 AM

Even though sales of season sets usually drop down as the seasons are released, it's still been a surprise the price of Network's release of Baywatch's sixth season (currently £17.99, but is cheaper on Network's website).

#119 of 119 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted April 09 2012 - 03:56 AM

Couldn't remember what music track was played over the end credits in Baywatch's sixth season. But at the start of the season it was an instrumental version of the show's theme song.

Forum Nav Content I Follow