-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Cheers" music change strangeness

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Brad P

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted June 17 2006 - 03:39 PM

As discussed in this thread, "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" was replaced in Cheers season 7 by "Unchained Melody." Licensing rights, understandable.

So I just bought season 8, and what song appears in the very first episode? "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling."

Bizarre. Discuss.

#2 of 3 WhitneyG

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted June 18 2006 - 02:02 AM

I'd venture a guess that because "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" hasn't been used since the original airing, the DVD team & legal thought "Unchained Melody" was suppose to be in that episode. Had they known about the substitution, they probably would have corrected it. Especially because "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" is obviously not too expensive and may have actually been cheaper to secure given its subsequent use (i.e. they might not have charged full price both times).

#3 of 3 David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,092 posts

Posted June 18 2006 - 04:05 PM

Perhaps the budgets for each set are to blame. They may not have had the money to include the proper song on the previous set.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes