What's new

Owners of the SVS B2 (1 Viewer)

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
I don't post a lot but wanted to discuss this sub.

For those of you that own it and actually want more bass, what size room do you have?

My room is fairly large and I just plugged it in and cranked it up and on Lord of the Rings, 3 walls away stuff is vibrating off the walls.

I don't think I could take much more bass than what this thing does. And no, I didn't do all the tweaks, etc. that everyone talks about or use an spl meter (mine was destroyed in the hurricane), I just plugged it in and turned it on. Since I'm building my house back, I really don't have time to tweak it or anything right now.

If you have a B2, do you really want more bass? Are your walls concrete so that they can handle it?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Do you mean the PB-2? If so, are you referring to the NSD, Plus or Ultra?

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Most of the SVS will knock things off the wall!!! My first was a 20-39PC, upgraded it to the "i" model and then upgraded it again to a PB2+. During its reign, I do believe I cracked the foundation and realigned most of my wall hanging. BUT.... I noticed that stray cats and dogs began to stay away from my house and some neighbors would appear at their doors trying to see a storm cloud even if it was clear. Best of all, I was enjoying the most tremendous bass ever and I DID still want MORE........
Sadly, with my GF becoming ill and not being able to handle a sub, I was forced to idle my PB2+ and then sell it.
But, the tide will turn and I WILL have something tremendous again........like a DOUBLE PB2+ or what ever they call the current BEAST of SVS.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well then, yes, I'd expect it to be knocking things off the walls too :D I can't imagine most people need more than that....but there are those who do :eek: I run a 15" Adire Tempest and I have to keep it at a reasonable level because things on the other side of the house start to shake too :D

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jay

I don't have a B2, just an SR-71 Blackbird. The problem is how to prevent everything in the room from producing buzzing noises...

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Isn't there someone on this site that owns 2 B2s or 2 B4s? If so, I don't see how they can stand it or how their walls can stand it.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Doesn't meen they are loud... Just not cranked up for loudness but cranked up to move the air. I love to feel the chest hairs stand up on a good action movie..... Never will go to the theater again.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I had a PB12-ISD/2 in a very open room with multiple openings, and that opened up into a large foyer with 18' ceilings. In short, there was a fair bit of area to fill. I was running Paradgm studio/100s in front and 20s in back. I still remember the cannon shots from 'Master and Commander'.....it was truly glorious :) I used to fire up 'Saving Private Ryan' (dts version, of course) for the first 30 mins when I'd have people over for the first time. I tell you what, it did a number on them. It was pretty much wwII in my living room and people knew it. To think that you can get that kind of bass for under $1k - and a fair bit under $1k at that! - is pretty awesome.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
No doubt to what AlanZ says, I have had several SVS subs and loved each of them. For the price you just can't go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks