What's new

Have your Absolute Favorites have been released? (1 Viewer)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
First, sorry if there is a thread like this, but I couldn't find it.

We all have a bunch of shows that we want, and often they haven't been released, or they are stopped after one season. What I was wondering is how many of your absolute, must have, critically important shows have been released/continued on dvd? I see a bunch of threads where we are lamenting what hasn't been released, but I'm specifically interested in how we all are doing for the must have shows.

For me, I think I've been pretty lucky as my must haves are Highlander (completely released), original Star Trek (completely released but pricey), Dukes of Hazzard (almost all released), and Magnum PI, which is my all time favorite (four of eight seasons released, season five on the way). I know how disappointed I'd be if those last three seasons of Magnum PI aren't released.

Sure, I've got other shows that I want, but I don't think they reach the must have category. How are you doing with your key shows?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, pretty much all of my top 10 favorite shows have been released, but only two of them thus far (Buffy and Sex And The City) are completed

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can say that all of my favorites are all available (The X-Files, Millennium, The Twilight Zone, Futurama and others) or are coming out/up to the current season (24, The Simpsons, Lost, The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Shield and others).

That being said, there's still alot of 'older' stuff that I'd pick up if it were released.

Monty B

Agent
I'm still waiting for Get A Life and The Larry Sanders Show but I guess I shouldnt hold my breath. Most of my other favorites (Sopranos, Simpsons, Futurama, X-Files, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) have been released or are still being released.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
There have been many releases during the last half of '05 and in '06 so far that I've
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
'ed about but 2 of my "must have's" aren't released yet in Region 1 (both S1's are out in R2). "Six Million Dollar Man" & "Bionic Woman" form Universal. The additional ones that I'm waiting for are in my signature.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Original Star Trek. . .check!

The Critic (!!!). . .check!

Miami Vice (the first few seasons, anyway). . .check!

The Simpsons. . .check!

South Park. . .check!

WKRP. . .not holding my breath. :frowning: (I think I've already seen every episode at least 5 times, anyway.)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
No, my absolute favorites have not all been released. Some have, but the most glaring omission happens to be at the very, very top of my all-time favorites list. I'm talking about The Fugitive. Until that is released, no matter what else does or doesn't come out, I'll be less than satisfied with my dvd collection.

A few others that fall into my MIA absolute favorites list would include Father Knows Best, Route 66, and the surprisingly well done Hanna Barbera cartoon The Harlem Globetrotters (not to be confused with the abomination known as the "Superglobetrotters).

Having said all that, I have to be thankful for faves like "TAGS", "The Flintstones", "The Dick Van Dyke Show", "LITB", "I Love Lucy", "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", and "Have Gun, Will Travel." And entering my new "I'm shocked how much I enjoyed watching this again" catergory - "The Big Valley."

Gary "don't know what in the world Paramount is thinking by not having the Janssen series out yet" O.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much.....

The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, The Flintstones, The Twilight Zone, Wonder Woman, The Honeymooners, All in the Family, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, etc.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Yes...

Dick Van Dyke Show
I Love Lucy
Columbo
The Bob Newhart Show
The Good Life

and some others

But...

the one big hole is WKRP.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
As some have said, some of my favs are out but not completed yet (and some look like they'll never be)...but I want two more...

Family Ties
The Wonder Years

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I didn't really answer the thread question earlier :rolleyes:The real surprise
"absolute" for me that was released was TIME TUNNEL. That's one that I'd never thought would make it to DVD.

JonathanBB

Stunt Coordinator
The Golden Girls is my number one favorite show of all time and the show is out on DVD. Mama's Family is another favorite and it is coming to DVD September 26th. Now I wish The Carol Burnett Show could get a release.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"Animaniacs" and "Pinky And The Brain" are on the way, but I'm still waiting on "Tiny Toon Adventures".

At the most recent Warner Brothers chat, I asked them about "TTA" and they said it's "under heavy consideration". That's so infuriatingly vague. I just wish I could get a straight answer.

Warner is tops when it comes to movies on DVD, but their approach to TV leaves more than a little to be desired.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

If my sig doesn't tell most of my story, I don't know what does.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
My alltime favorites are Batman (the 1966 tv series), The Odd Couple and Get Smart. None of them have yet to be released.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
:emoji_thumbsup: Homicide: Life on the Street (Complete)
:emoji_thumbsup: Freaks and Geeks (Complete)
:emoji_thumbsup: Northern Exposure (Half released with music substitutions)
:emoji_thumbsup: Mr. Show with Bob and David (Complete)
:emoji_thumbsup: The Simpsons (Half released)
:emoji_thumbsup: Futurama (Complete - with more coming!)
:emoji_thumbsup: Firefly (Complete)
:emoji_thumbsup: Newsradio (Half released)
:emoji_thumbsup: Monty Python's Flying Circus (Complete)
:emoji_thumbsup: Red Dwarf (Complete)
:emoji_thumbsup: Gilmore Girls (All but most recent season released)
:emoji_thumbsup: Deadwood (All previous seasons released)
:emoji_thumbsup: Arrested Development (All released or announced)
:emoji_thumbsup: Seinfeld (Half released)
:emoji_thumbsup: Penn & Teller: Bullshit! (All but most recent season released)
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. (Coming Soon)

:confused: Andy Richter Controls the Universe (Please!!!)
:confused: The Dana Carvey Show (Cash in on new popularity of Carell and Colbert)
:confused: The Wonder Years (Never gonna happen, is it?)
:confused: The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (How would this not sell gajillions?)
:confused: The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams (Probably not as good as I remember it being when I was 6 years old)

Brad

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm gonna steal from Brad

:emoji_thumbsup: Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Complete)
:emoji_thumbsup: Sex And The City (Complete)
:emoji_thumbsup: Popular (Complete, luckily only two seasons)
:emoji_thumbsup: The Golden Girls (only two seasons to go)
:emoji_thumbsup: Roseanne (coming out every 3 months or so, should have finished in summer 2007)
:emoji_thumbsup: Seinfeld (only three seasons to go)
:emoji_thumbsup: Desperate Housewives (will be up to date before season 3 premieres)
:emoji_thumbsup: The Facts Of Life (seasons 1 & 2 are out, crossing fingers we'll see three and beyond)
:emoji_thumbsup: Medium (season 1 just came out, season 2 will be out in October)
Supernatural (Coming Soon)
Mama's Family (Coming Soon)
Ghost Whisperer (Coming Soon)
Melrose Place (apparently seasons 1-2 are coming out soon)
:thumbsdown: Diff'rent Strokes (only two seasons in two years and who knows when we'll see the rest, IF we do)
:thumbsdown: Gimme A Break (haven't heard a peep from Universal if we'll see season two)
:thumbsdown: Happy Days (hell will freeze over before we see season 2)
:confused: Maude (promised last year, extras apparently recorded, when will it come out? who knows)
:confused: One Day At A Time (promised two years ago, still in limbo even though clips of it were featured on the FOL DVD)
:confused: Family Ties (promised two years ago)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yes Column:

The A-Team (S1-S4 Out, S5 coming) Bravo! :)
Ally Mcbeal (yea it is R2, but all music intact!!)
Dallas (S1-S4 Out, S5 coming soon + more)
Doogie Howser (All Seasons Released) Bravo! :)
Dynasty (S1 Out / who the heck knows if we will ever see more) :frowning:
ER (S1-S4 Out, S5 coming + more hopefully)
Fantasy Island (S1 Out, more coming ? who knows) yup sony at it again as usual :frowning:
Gilmore Girls (S1-S5 / S6 coming)
Greatest American Hero (All Seasons Released) Bravo! :)
Growing Pains (S1 Out / The WB chat didn't sound so good for future releases) :frowning:
Hardcastle & McCormick (S1 Out / S2-S3 coming Thanks to VEI!)
Hart to Hart (S1 Out/ If Sony doesn't release S2-S5 somone will pay!!) :frowning:
Hill Street Blues (S1-S2 Out / S3 coming + more hopefully) gotta love this show!
Knight Rider (All Seasons Released) Bravo! :)
MacGyver (S1-S6 out, S7 coming) Bravo! :)
Magnum P.I. (S1-S4 out, S5 coming + more hopefully)
Miami Vice (S1-S2 out, S3-S5 coming ? ) Universal your #1 tv seller and you can't release S3 to tie in with the movie ? aye carumba!
Moonlighting (S1-S3 out, I have all i want but S4-S5 coming)
Northern Exposure (S1-S4 out, S5-S6 coming) Despite Some Music Missing, This show is Brilliant, And the key scenes where the music matters it is 95% intact. Love this Show!!
Quantum Leap (S1-S4 out, S5 coming) The music replacement does hurt this show from time to time unlike NX :frowning: but oh well still very enjoyable.
Remington Steele (S1-S3 out, Final S4-S5 coming) Bravo! :)
Rockford Files (S1-S2 out, hopefully more coming)
TJ Hooker (S1-S2 out, S3-S5 coming ? ) yup sony at it again as usual :frowning:
X-Files (All Seasons Released) Bravo! :)

No Column:

Beverly Hills, 90210 (S1-S10) - coming soon
Cagney & Lacey (S1-S7) - coming soon
CHiPs (S1-S6) - wb says they are considering it. consider no longer release it!
Eight Is Enough (S1-S5) - wb says no plans
The Equalizer (S1-S4)
The Fall Guy (S1-S5) - fox you can deny you have the rights in email but it is you that has them. so get with it and release colt seavers and company!
Family Ties (S1-S7)
The Love Boat (S1-S9)
Matt Houston (S1-S3)
Melrose Place (S1-S7) - coming soon
Picket Fences (S1-S4)
Riptide (S1-S3) - coming soon
Scarecrow & Mrs. King (S1-S4) - wb says it's on their radar! well then release it!!
Simon & Simon (S1-S8) - coming soon
Spencer: For Hire (S1-S3) - wb says no plans
St. Elsewhere (S1-S6) - might be out by end of the year
Young Indy Chronicles (CS) - definately coming but is it sooner or later ? probably when indy 4 the search for the fountain of youth comes out. They might wanna find that before they start shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks