What's new

Official Samsung BD-P1000 Blu-Ray player thread (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
NO BD movies....

Ok, Boot time is about 5 seconds from Power Button on, to a Blue Samsung Screen.

With placings disc in drive, and hitting play, took 15 seconds to start Star Wars Episode 3...

DVD drive smooth as Silk....MOre pics to come...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Steve if oyu don't mind, can you provide the dimensions of the samsung player ... length, width, and depth please.

Thanks.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So the HD DVD player is about 6" high? It must be built like a tank, because it looks like one. :) How does the build quality of the Samsung compare? It looks like a lightweight compared to your HD DVD machine. Man, I sure envy you guys. I'm still waiting to just get a look at an HD DVD player. When you guys pull the trigger down there......you really pull it.

I'd burn my money if I had your guys cash..........well, probably not.......but I sure would find a way to spend your guys money filling my shelf with high def goodness. :laugh:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Whoops. Looked at that picture of the Samsung stacked on top of the Toshiba again. What I thought was the top of the Toshiba, was really the bottom third of the Samsung. DOH! The HD DVD must be about an inch or so higher than the Sammy.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
nice!!! =). i read that this player converts EVERYTHING it reads into HDMI 1080p. do you have a 1080p display to take advantage of this? even SD-DVD is upconvereted to 1080p. FINALLY!, 1080p magic! how is it?

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I love the way the Samsung looks. That's exactly how I'm gonna set up mine, the Samsung player stacked on top of the Toshiba.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Wow two members already with BD, this is going to be good. Maybe pop in Fifth Element Superbit scaled to 1080i so you can compare it with the HD version when you get it.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i was afraid BR won't be out until the fall!, now that it's FINALLY OUT, we shall see what happens.

i'd like to see a comparison of a film digitized and sourced from the same 1080p files on both HD-DVD/BR via VC-1 codec. i'd love to see a comparison on that. of course, that would mean both formats would have to be thoroughly optimized from the source before the comparison can take place.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Don't use The Fifth Element for what Blu-Ray can do with PQ as it is a poor transfer at best. Some of the other Blu-Ray titles are being reviewed as much, much better.

Sony should not be the studio to look for to give reference discs. Look to Fox or some of the other studios who do great DVD work. The same attitudes of the studios to DVD quality will transfer over to Blu-Ray HD. You watch.

I still want the master audio soundtracks at their original resolutions too! Not this 16/48 downgraded stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks